Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no outstanding teams in the Premiership

If we get our targets then we can win it.

Graham Hunter on TS now says the deal is done and he is currently persuading Isco to come as well.

Also seems absolutely certain MP will be a resounding success here, I really hope all these Spanish experts are right

mansour's tow ropes said:
Graham Hunter on TS now says the deal is done and he is currently persuading Isco to come as well.

Also seems absolutely certain MP will be a resounding success here, I really hope all these Spanish experts are right

That doesn't sound good. I thought there was a report saying his old man had requested four months leave in order to help him settle in. Sounds like he may have changed his mind.

Not shooting the messeger btw MTR!

mansour's tow ropes said:

Yeah was also listening to talkshite,Hunter could not praise him enough,not sure about the Neymar speculation though,having to give Barca 40 euros penalty fee if he signs for us,aswell as maybe 50,million to buy him.bit much!!!!

thenabster said:
Malaga is allowed back in Europe next season. Could pellegrini make a u-turn???

You really believe he would do a u turn from a club like Malaga who are skint to a team like us?

Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

Neville Kneville said:
BobKowalski said:
NipHolmes said:
Ridiculous.

To say MP has to win a title for his first season as a minimum is ridiculous. It's a three horse race next season when this season was two. As long as we are within 10 points and get to QF that's a good season. With our squad I also want a cup run too.

MP will be here for his whole contract, maybe 3 years in total. He won't be sacked, I'd wage good money on that right now.

NipHolmes said:
Mancini had a squad at disposal that equalled the same in wgaes as Real and Barca. He was too stubborn to use wide players and he had 4 quality strikers who he couldn't make a partnership out of. He was too abrasive with players and management. CL was beyond poor, bowed out of CC to Villa and lost title by Feb. Saint Bob simply fucked up royally. He lost the dressing room and we scraped through in second gear all season.

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. We have sacked Roberto for finishing second and getting up everyones nose in the process as not good enough yet finishing within 10 points, a cup run and a CL QF under Pellers is a 'good season'?

I'll give you not winning the title as its Pellers first season, although Ancelotti won the PL on his first attempt with Chelsea, but surely we can expect a cup in his first season even if its only the League Cup? The one really disappointing thing for me this season was not winning the FA Cup when it was sitting there begging for it.

Again a lot will be determined by the transfer business we do and how much Txiki improves the squad but assuming we do and with Taggart finally gone we should be making a better fist of it then 10 points adrift.

I think the best way of measuring the league is to say that we are an 80 points team/squad. Anything below 80 points is disappointing. 80 plus points is a good season even if we don't win the title. That will give Pellers a realistic target to aim for and puts us in with a shot at winning the title.

But for the rest I do want us to be like Chelsea and when everything is going to shit still win a trophy. Not winning the FA Cup this season was akin to a crime.

It's a harder job for a new manager to now change from the style Mancini has built, to their own style, than it would be for Mancini to just sign a couple of players & carry on.

They have made the decision to sack Mancini because they don't think he is the right man for the job. The stuff about targets is just an excuse, as it was when they fired Hughes. Plenty of people were happy enough to let Mancini bore the living shit out of us with uninspired defensive football, whilst he built his team & put his ideas into place, & have defended him even when we have played awfully at times this season, so I'm expecting they will show Pellegrini the same courtesy.
Cheers Nev

Pellegrini will most likely be bedding in 3 new starters, Isco, Cavani and Fernandinho (maybe more). He will change the way we play and he will be tasked with being competitive in the league but mainly to progress in Europe. I actually think we can go as far as anybody next year if we make the group stages.

The key principles are to gel players together as a unit, balance the squad and get us to play to our potential.

First season objectives;
Be competitive in league
Get out of group stages in CL
Cup run
Promote young players as much as feasibly possible

Sercond season;
Win the title,
Get to last 8 in CL
Win a domestic cup.

@BobK
Next season we won't just be fighting United, we will be facing a resurgent Chelsea that are imo 3 players from becoming an elite team, they have better youth than us and a balanced squad. Winners over years and years and have perfect replacements for all of them coming through. Also they are bringing in the best manager in the world to a place that will follow his orders and work in ways he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.