Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

NipHolmes said:
Pam said:
Deepest Blue said:
Correct.
He has exceeded expectations at Malaga and Villareal and his year at Real was stuck in the middle of a political wrangle.

Ticks most of the boxes that Mancini did not address.

Will do for me.

I would say the opposite of this is true. In terms of tangible success, I'm afraid Mancini ticks a hell of a lot more boxes than MP. BUT, that isn't to say he won't do well and as long as he wins the title and gets to the QF of the Champs League in his first year, he will be spared the sack.

Ridiculous.

To say MP has to win a title for his first season as a minimum is ridiculous. It's a three horse race next season when this season was two. As long as we are within 10 points and get to QF that's a good season. With our squad I also want a cup run too.

MP will be here for his whole contract, maybe 3 years in total. He won't be sacked, I'd wage good money on that right now.

-- Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm --

crystal_mais said:
Pam said:
Same things as they're all saying. Great coach bla, bla, bla; did well at RM and didn't deserve to get the sack there bla bla bla. Excellent appointment. Bla bla bla Same platitudes.

Lou Macari says he's shit though and Lou knows best.

Get over it Pam - Mancini has gone :)

Of this I have no doubt.

As to the targets stuff, I was being sarcastic.

NipHolmes said:
Pam said:
Deepest Blue said:
Correct.
He has exceeded expectations at Malaga and Villareal and his year at Real was stuck in the middle of a political wrangle.

Ticks most of the boxes that Mancini did not address.

Will do for me.

I would say the opposite of this is true. In terms of tangible success, I'm afraid Mancini ticks a hell of a lot more boxes than MP. BUT, that isn't to say he won't do well and as long as he wins the title and gets to the QF of the Champs League in his first year, he will be spared the sack.

Ridiculous.

To say MP has to win a title for his first season as a minimum is ridiculous. It's a three horse race next season when this season was two. As long as we are within 10 points and get to QF that's a good season. With our squad I also want a cup run too.

MP will be here for his whole contract, maybe 3 years in total. He won't be sacked, I'd wage good money on that right now.

crystal_mais said:
Pam said:
Same things as they're all saying. Great coach bla, bla, bla; did well at RM and didn't deserve to get the sack there bla bla bla. Excellent appointment. Bla bla bla Same platitudes.

Lou Macari says he's shit though and Lou knows best.

This.

For good reason too. People didn't want to admit he wasn't doing what he should have, excuses excuses. Now it's bitterness. It's a good thing and people need to embrace change.

Agree

Pam said:
NipHolmes said:
Pam said:

Ridiculous.

crystal_mais said:

Of this I have no doubt.

As to the targets stuff, I was being sarcastic.

No need to be.

Mancini had a squad at disposal that equalled the same in wgaes as Real and Barca. He was too stubborn to use wide players and he had 4 quality strikers who he couldn't make a partnership out of. He was too abrasive with players and management. CL was beyond poor, bowed out of CC to Villa and lost title by Feb. Saint Bob simply fucked up royally. He lost the dressing room and we scraped through in second gear all season.

Why on earth would you want that to continue?

It's good we've moved on, thanks for the memories Bobby, lets make new achievements to remember. Bigger and better.

NipHolmes said:
Ridiculous.

NipHolmes said:
Mancini had a squad at disposal that equalled the same in wgaes as Real and Barca. He was too stubborn to use wide players and he had 4 quality strikers who he couldn't make a partnership out of. He was too abrasive with players and management. CL was beyond poor, bowed out of CC to Villa and lost title by Feb. Saint Bob simply fucked up royally. He lost the dressing room and we scraped through in second gear all season.

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. We have sacked Roberto for finishing second and getting up everyones nose in the process as not good enough yet finishing within 10 points, a cup run and a CL QF under Pellers is a 'good season'?

I'll give you not winning the title as its Pellers first season, although Ancelotti won the PL on his first attempt with Chelsea, but surely we can expect a cup in his first season even if its only the League Cup? The one really disappointing thing for me this season was not winning the FA Cup when it was sitting there begging for it.

Again a lot will be determined by the transfer business we do and how much Txiki improves the squad but assuming we do and with Taggart finally gone we should be making a better fist of it then 10 points adrift.

I think the best way of measuring the league is to say that we are an 80 points team/squad. Anything below 80 points is disappointing. 80 plus points is a good season even if we don't win the title. That will give Pellers a realistic target to aim for and puts us in with a shot at winning the title.

But for the rest I do want us to be like Chelsea and when everything is going to shit still win a trophy. Not winning the FA Cup this season was akin to a crime.

BobKowalski said:
NipHolmes said:
Ridiculous.

NipHolmes said:

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. We have sacked Roberto for finishing second and getting up everyones nose in the process as not good enough yet finishing within 10 points, a cup run and a CL QF under Pellers is a 'good season'?

I'll give you not winning the title as its Pellers first season, although Ancelotti won the PL on his first attempt with Chelsea, but surely we can expect a cup in his first season even if its only the League Cup? The one really disappointing thing for me this season was not winning the FA Cup when it was sitting there begging for it.

Again a lot will be determined by the transfer business we do and how much Txiki improves the squad but assuming we do and with Taggart finally gone we should be making a better fist of it then 10 points adrift.

I think the best way of measuring the league is to say that we are an 80 points team/squad. Anything below 80 points is disappointing. 80 plus points is a good season even if we don't win the title. That will give Pellers a realistic target to aim for and puts us in with a shot at winning the title.

But for the rest I do want us to be like Chelsea and when everything is going to shit still win a trophy. Not winning the FA Cup this season was akin to a crime.

It's a harder job for a new manager to now change from the style Mancini has built, to their own style, than it would be for Mancini to just sign a couple of players & carry on.

They have made the decision to sack Mancini because they don't think he is the right man for the job. The stuff about targets is just an excuse, as it was when they fired Hughes. Plenty of people were happy enough to let Mancini bore the living shit out of us with uninspired defensive football, whilst he built his team & put his ideas into place, & have defended him even when we have played awfully at times this season, so I'm expecting they will show Pellegrini the same courtesy.

bluebarn said:
Jut been listening to Talksport (I know, you don't need to say anything), and Danny Kelly was talking to Guillem Balague. He asked him for his opinion of Pellegrini. Unfortunately, having been listening in peace for the previous hour, one the kids decided to get out of bed at precisely the wrong time so I didn't manage to catch much of it, but he started by saying that he thought Pellegrini was fantastic. Did anybody else catch this and if so can you elaborate further?
On the whole Balague was extremely positive about Pelligrini. His only concern was moving to coach in a new country at his age, ie almost 60.
Balague said looking at previous examples of about 20 top managers moving to a new country at a similar age, only 3 were successful and lasted for over 2 years.

Neville Kneville said:
BobKowalski said:
NipHolmes said:
Ridiculous.

NipHolmes said:

It's a harder job for a new manager to now change from the style Mancini has built, to their own style, than it would be for Mancini to just sign a couple of players & carry on.

They have made the decision to sack Mancini because they don't think he is the right man for the job. The stuff about targets is just an excuse, as it was when they fired Hughes. Plenty of people were happy enough to let Mancini bore the living shit out of us with uninspired defensive football, whilst he built his team & put his ideas into place, & have defended him even when we have played awfully at times this season, so I'm expecting they will show Pellegrini the same courtesy.

Well I don't recall too many people being happy as Mancini opted for defensive surety in the early stages however the positions are not comparable. Mancini took over a team that was newly assembled and hadn't won a pot in 3 decades. Mancini did a lot of work on the team and with quality additions won the FA Cup in his first full season. Pellers will be taking over a team that is hitting the 80 point mark as an average and won the PL title and the FA Cup. This is a winning team with key members of it signing long terms contracts.

Mourinho took over Chelsea after they finished second and stormed to the title. Ancelotti took over and won the double. Taking over a winning team that has retained key players that are used to winning inevitably means you are expected to do well and win something. I'm not asking or demanding a title. I am expecting a bit more then 10 points adrift and a good cup run. Especially if we improve the team/squad with some quality signings.

You are all comparing Mancini and the setup then to the new.
No point saying Mancini this and that or chelsea this and that.

If your demands are to win it then tough because no way will it be Txiki and Soriano's.
They will be sensible and to demand he win it from the off adds to much pressure and rushes the coach to much.
They didn't do it at Barca so why the bugger would they start here ?

beermusic said:
don't understand how we can be buying and selling players, (or at least having meetings with clubs) without a confirmed manager.

Obviously the spanish Kray twins are now the ones making all the decisions, unless Pellegrini has already signed and is secretly dealing with things behind the scenes. Total farce as usual. If the new manager will be told which players he will have then we really are becoming the new Chelsea

It's a bit naiive to think they we will be buying players without serious consultation with the new Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.