Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
flb said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Pam said:
Same things as they're all saying. Great coach bla, bla, bla; did well at RM and didn't deserve to get the sack there bla bla bla. Excellent appointment. Bla bla bla Same platitudes.

Lou Macari says he's shit though and Lou knows best.
Macari said he's shit because he's won nothing but that David Moyes is a great appointment. Tells you everything you need to know about Macari.

He wants frying in his own batter the fat little twat

That right there, is considered analysis Ladies & Gentlemen

NipHolmes said:
simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards
Exactly.

Sorry, but we can not be expected to give this new manager the luxury of at least 2 years to embed a new philosophy, or integrate new players. The manager we have just dismissed delivered 2 major trophies and had us runner up in the PL and FA finalists, albeit apparently being a curmudgeonly twat whom nobody liked. We can have no room for pragmatism now, Pellegrini should and must hit the ground running, we are not at the start of our resurgence, we are in the midst of it and we can not adopt an attitude such as Liverpool constantly do by citing 'Work in progress.'

Surely bobby was sacked for someone who could move the team on so he cant be given too much time.he has inherited a great back 4 and joe and we know what happened when that was tinkered with so he needs to get the rest right and get them scoring goals again

Haaa, Macari the chip shop owner. He would know a great deal about a Chilean coach who has previously plied his trade in numerous countries gaining experience .Who speaks several languages and according to Macari our prospective new manager is shit. Moyes will have his work cut out if the rags lose a couple of games early on next season. I certainly know who I would prefer.

karen7 said:
Surely bobby was sacked for someone who could move the team on so he cant be given too much time.he has inherited a great back 4 and joe and we know what happened when that was tinkered with so he needs to get the rest right and get them scoring goals again

Agreed, we keep hearing about how Mancini came and had us playing boring defensive shite, despite the fact that the previous incumbent had us winning one and drawing the next three. Well, the boring defensive shite paid off, typically Italian, we started winning 1-0, he brought in the attackers and then unleashed the team, with the resultant effect we all now know. I'll be made up if we immediately start playing sparkling football under Pellegrini but majorly pissed off if we are getting rave reviews when we are halfway down the league.

I haven't seen anywhere how quickly Pellegrini got his previous teams up and running playing his style of football and playing it well. He might be very good at doing it quickly.

woolleyback blue said:
I haven't seen anywhere how quickly Pellegrini got his previous teams up and running playing his style of football and playing it well. He might be very good at doing it quickly.

Let's hope so.

simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards

In the statement Mancini was sacked for reasons which included not reaching set targets I believe those were winning the league and progressing in the CL.

Why would those targets be reduced for a new manager, is that not saying regression is ok

woolleyback blue said:
The tactics he has employed before isn't that radical from what we did under Mancini.

He likes the full backs to be the width of the team, solid midfielders who can defend and attack, the attacking spark across the front line and generally builds an attacking team.

We aren't exactly Stoke and we want to be play like Barca next season.

What he needs to do and he could well already is get all the players on his side and give confidence to those that need it and in general just pick up the players. Sell those that just aren't good enough and replace them quickly and efficiently.

Pellegrini has won 7 trophies as a manager. So comments that "he's won nothing" are extremely ignorant. But i wouldn't expect any less than that from Macari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.