Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And not that it's a well kept secret but Isco has apparently asked his boss where he is going and that he wants to go with him. Isco,Cavani a good start

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
And not that it's a well kept secret but Isco has apparently asked his boss where he is going and that he wants to go with him. Isco,Cavani a good start

Sounds bright this 'isco kid!! Where u goin boss? lol

Ancient Citizen said:
NipHolmes said:
simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards
Exactly.

Sorry, but we can not be expected to give this new manager the luxury of at least 2 years to embed a new philosophy, or integrate new players. The manager we have just dismissed delivered 2 major trophies and had us runner up in the PL and FA finalists, albeit apparently being a curmudgeonly twat whom nobody liked. We can have no room for pragmatism now, Pellegrini should and must hit the ground running, we are not at the start of our resurgence, we are in the midst of it and we can not adopt an attitude such as Liverpool constantly do by citing 'Work in progress.'

Pellegrini should hit the ground running but quite frankly I wouldn't expect Mancini to win next years title let alone anyone else.

What I want is a campaign better than this one but mainly European progression.

When you appoint a manager and potentially 3-4 players in the starting eleven then there's a lot to do.

It's unrealistic to say you must win the title or you get sacked. That's Chelsea right there.

As for reasons we failed Mancini. Inter Milan and us had the same problems with him. Not repeating again but Bobby was going and that's 100% the right decision imo.

City Raider said:
i just hope, unlike mancini, the press give him a chance. They have the power to set him up as some kind of Ranieri figure of fun. The way this has been done theyre probably itching to stick the knife in - his first impression needs to be bang on

I guarantee you the sewer rats of the press are working on it now.
There is no way on this God's earth they are going to give him a chance.
He / we need to get the season off to a flyer to keep a lid on it.
On the other hand David 'Cut From The Same Cloth' Moyes will get a
media honeymoon if he needs it - again guaranteed.

Got to admit I'm pretty excited about the on coming season, new management, new system, new players and Jamie Oliver's cooking, we just need some good premium beers.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Anyone think he will manage here for two seasons and then go and manage New York City FC to be nearer home!
I think he will be here for 2 years, and then continue if he's successful. If not we will seamlessly replace him. After that I reckon Pellegrini will take an easy number, either as manager of rich team or as DOF somewhere. All opinions but I think this is his golden ticket and he wants to define a legacy.

simon23 said:
regardless of who the next manager is he should be given time....at least 2 years (possibly more) to see what he can do.....it will take him that long to embed a new philosophy and tactics to the squad, as well as integrate new players

1 step backwards (sideways if you like) before the big jump forwards

I think he should get time, and we shouldn't over-react if we don't move forward next season.

But I don't think a step backwards has to happen and I'll be expecting us under the new manager to hit the ground running. It's only early days but the idea behind a DoF is that you don't need to give a new manager bedding in time.

Another season the same as this and I'll consider it a disappointing one from the new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.