Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
And not that it's a well kept secret but Isco has apparently asked his boss where he is going and that he wants to go with him. Isco,Cavani a good start

Isco was coming all season imho.

He signed new deal to help club out and Pellegrini has been lined up all season. Both want the best for Malaga but both realise Malaga is fucked as things stand and they need to move. We offer great opportunities to both.

Not one bit cautious about Isco. I am adamant he's ours.

allan harper said:
Got to admit I'm pretty excited about the on coming season, new management, new system, new players and Jamie Oliver's cooking, we just need some good premium beers.

I'm not to happy with the Jamie Oliver thing TBH! He over complicates the food.
And knowing him he will start one of his self publicity crusades to 'get football fans eating right' just like he did with school dinners or he will bring a book out:
'5 Minute Football Food' and sell millions!
Don't say I didn't tell ya!

NipHolmes said:
And not that it's a well kept secret but Isco has apparently asked his boss where he is going and that he wants to go with him. Isco,Cavani a good start

He signed new deal to help club out and Pellegrini has been lined up all season. Both want the best for Malaga but both realise Malaga is fucked as things stand and they need to move. We offer great opportunities to both.

Hope so mate.

TGR said:
allan harper said:
Got to admit I'm pretty excited about the on coming season, new management, new system, new players and Jamie Oliver's cooking, we just need some good premium beers.

I'm not to happy with the Jamie Oliver thing TBH! He over complicates the food.
And knowing him he will start one of his self publicity crusades to 'get football fans eating right' just like he did with school dinners or he will bring a book out:
'5 Minute Football Food' and sell millions!
Don't say I didn't tell ya!

I wasn't being serious about Oliver.

BillyShears said:
In the statement Mancini was sacked for reasons which included not reaching set targets I believe those were winning the league and progressing in the CL.

Why would those targets be reduced for a new manager, is that not saying regression is ok

Because he's a new manager. When Mancini came in the reason given was that Hughes wasn't on course to finish in the top 4 and a change was necessary mid season to ensure we did. We didn't, but Mancini didn't get sacked for it because the owners took the common sense view that a new manager should be afforded some slack. The same will happen with Pellegrini.[/quote]

The new manager has to be given a reasonable length of time, unless he screws up horribly. Mancini got 3.5 years but you cannot set a precise time period; you just need to review performance at sensible points and take into account all relevant circumstances before making a judgment. Targets are useful but you need to take a holistic view.

Pellegrini's words on ESPN website minutes ago.
"Profesionally, I am living my final hours in Malaga," he said. "On Sunday I will take charge of my last game as Malaga coach at La Rosaleda."
"There will be a very strong emotion and we expect to leave the club as having qualified for Europe, with the mission completed. The agreement with the club has been satisfactory and is appreciated. Each person has the right to keep to his own path. I am not leaving for financial reasons, but to a sporting project which allows me to feel fulfilled."
The last sentence sounds promising.

Look at all the players commenting and bigging Manuel up! "best coach ever" etc. We are in good hands me thinks!

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
In the statement Mancini was sacked for reasons which included not reaching set targets I believe those were winning the league and progressing in the CL.

Why would those targets be reduced for a new manager, is that not saying regression is ok

Because he's a new manager. When Mancini came in the reason given was that Hughes wasn't on course to finish in the top 4 and a change was necessary mid season to ensure we did. We didn't, but Mancini didn't get sacked for it because the owners took the common sense view that a new manager should be afforded some slack. The same will happen with Pellegrini.

The new manager has to be given a reasonable length of time, unless he screws up horribly. Mancini got 3.5 years but you cannot set a precise time period; you just need to review performance at sensible points and take into account all relevant circumstances before making a judgment. Targets are useful but you need to take a holistic view.[/quote]

I agree but Mancini improved on Hughes position. Playing devils advocate

NipHolmes said:

Same here mate. I've been under the impression he is coming here for a long time now so I hope it's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.