Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
derekthedog said:
Manuel Pellegrini's agent has revealed he is already committed to Manchester City, having turned down approaches from PSG and Porto. Jesus Martinez, the agent whose talks with Txiki Begiristain last month sparked rumours about the impending appointment of the Chilean boss prior to the FA Cup final, said that his client was not short of options. "It is true that Porto presented a proposal to Manuel Pellegrini," he told A Bola. "We were in talks with Porto, which is a remarkable and well-known club in the world. We would call them a super-club. They have a legendary president and his project is very interesting. The problem is that the Porto contract offer was made after Manchester talked to us. "It's not a question of money but of keeping our word. Mr Pellegrini was committed to Manchester City to sit down with their leaders after the Spanish league ended to finally complete the move. "Again [with PSG], there is the economic factor there that shows the fact that Mr Pellegrini is extremely loyal. That was also the reason for having recently rejected an invitation from PSG."

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/psg-porto-miss-out-on-city-bound-pellegrini-1594804.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city ... 94804.html</a>
Clubcall! Didn't know that was still going!
Sounds positive. Spanish season ends this coming weekend, doesn't it?
I do hate it when us or united are labeled as 'Manchester'.

We are Manchester...not trafford rovers.. :)

Super David Silva 21 said:
I'll stick this in here.

El Confidencial: City (Soriano) and Real Madrid (Perez) have reached a non-aggression agreement that is being called an "anti-Barca pact".

The pact will see the clubs share transfer info, negotiate directly for each others players, and battle greedy agents trying to make money.

That's good one if true.

If this 'pact' business is true, I find it mindblowing.

Real fucking Madrid want to stop little old us being 'aggressive' in the transfer market.

My how things have changed.

The+In+Crowd++The+Story+Of+Northern+Soul+Disc+1+northern.jpg

MSP said:
I'll stick this in here.

El Confidencial: City (Soriano) and Real Madrid (Perez) have reached a non-aggression agreement that is being called an "anti-Barca pact".

The pact will see the clubs share transfer info, negotiate directly for each others players, and battle greedy agents trying to make money.

That's good one if true.

Guess this would not help build bridges with Barca then, if needed.

Thiago to City...wonder if this could still happen?

If there is a release clause club can't do anything about it. Hopefully our two were at the club when the contract was negotiated and know exactly what it says.

I am not concerned with the arrangement and the contract is a two way tie. If it isn't working out between us and Pellegrini then he could be released with the minimum of fuss, and if there was a more attractive job than us in the market then it should the same.

Either there has been a long-term plan going on behind the scenes to bring in Pellegrini and all our transfer business is pretty much already tied up by Sorian and Bergistrain OR it ends up like last summer's horlicks and we end up scrambling for a new manager and players just before the deadline.

Am I being unrealistic in wanting to know which it is before forking out £1500 on 2 new season cards?

cavendishblue said:
Either there has been a long-term plan going on behind the scenes to bring in Pellegrini and all our transfer business is pretty much already tied up by Sorian and Bergistrain OR it ends up like last summer's horlicks and we end up scrambling for a new manager and players just before the deadline.

Am I being unrealistic in wanting to know which it is before forking out £1500 on 2 new season cards?

Early signs suggest we are not going to follow the Peter Swales model.....

Kompany is King said:
MSP said:
I'll stick this in here.

That's good one if true.

Guess this would not help build bridges with Barca then, if needed.

Thiago to City...wonder if this could still happen?

I doubt there are bridges left there while Rosell and Soriano are in charge. Barcelona are obviously hostile and having Madrid on our side is good to have better knowledge of things in Spain. That could maybe prevent Pellegrini leak or at least give City time to react properly.

Barca can do heck all with Thiago if he has release clause and want to come.

Ray78 said:
cavendishblue said:

Early signs suggest we are not going to follow the Peter Swales model.....
Very good :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.