Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
To be honest I didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..." Not a fan of punditry based on a lazy national stereotype.
Well if you didn't get past that you're not in a position to comment on his comments overall. His 3 at the back comment was correct, no matter how he framed it. It failed and in many ways derailed the whole season. He was correct about yaya playing too deep, and the forwards being off the boil. He also stated that Mancini hardly ever picked his strongest team too. The only bit of the whole interview which was incorrect was that he stated he felt that ADUG would give Mancini another 6 months out of loyalty. He wasn't counting on txiki and soriano's experience in the game and ability to spot a man whose time is over.

Barnes called it correctly overall and to disagree now, after all that's happened, is delusion.

Can't wait to see what pellegrini brings to the table. If he lives up to his reputation he will get the best out of this wonderful squad, and that will mean glory.

I am not in a position to comment what the rest of Barnes said so I - er- didn't. The clue was my statement 'didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..."'

I did comment on what I did hear and what he said was puerile, lazy and added nothing to the argument. If he said that playing 3 at the back was a mistake as we didn't have the personnel for it or hadn't practised the formation enough or whatever I may have continued listening. He didn't so I didn't.

As an aside the Yaya playing further forward bit always amuses the hell out of me since it was pundits like Barnes who slated Mancini for playing Yaya further forward early on in his City career as proof that Mancini didn't have a clue. Tickles me every time
I know you didn't comment on it, which is why I explained to you what he said .Saying 3 at the back was 'Italian' was the way he framed his further comments about the formation and how it didn't work in Europe, and that our players didn't play it well. And he was right. The fact that he mentioned the word 'Italian' was actually totally irrelevant to the points he made. A red herring. If you 'turned off' at that point then there's not much point debating further with you, as it was one of the first things he said.

I have never in my life heard a single pundit slate Mancini for playing yaya in the advanced role. Maybe there was one, somewhere, but it certainly wasn't anything like a majority opinion. Most people can see Barnes's point, that he's more effective Driving into the box at the point of the 4231.

Seeing as you turned off, I'll tell you more of what Barnes said. That we missed de Jong. I agree. That Sinclair was a bad signing. I agree. That we haven't got the best from the strikers this year. I agree on that too. Oh, and he said he didn't rate Mancini particularly highly, and he doesn't seem to know his best team. I agree on that too.

When you turned off you missed a pundit giving a sensible appraisal of the season that's gone. One that's been vindicated by the actions of the men running the club. You might just have learned something...

jonmcity said:
Only matters how he gets the team playing on the pitch. Hope he is a great success. He will get the full support of the fans and he needs the backing of the club to freshen up the team.
Big season for us next year. We need to Win the league or the Champions league to prove we are the real deal, and not also rans like Arsenal.

I have not heard many pundits tipping us for the league, in fact there weren't that many before season 2011-12. I have to question why so many can't see past the Rags, is it lazy journalism or are they just scared of not getting utd coverage if they aren't in the "united are the best" camp?

Pellegrini has been dignified and, I think, honest since the stories about a change of management at City surfaced. He says he has no contract signed and no deal and that he'll begin talking to the club tomorrow. I believe him. He's said enough to suggest the the club are serious in their interest and enough to suggest that he is very much attracted to the club's project. It is hard to think that he won't be our next manager / first head coach. But when will he be announced? That depends on how smoothly the discussions go and when the details of the contract are settled.

jimharri said:
Falastur said:
energylevels said:
When is Pellegrino likely to be officially announced, surely it's not going to drag on, by all accounts the 'the special one's has already signed a contract with Chelsea ...

I have no idea about Pellegrino, but Pellegrini will probably be announced Monday or Tuesday.
rjK3eLU.gif

Nice one jimmy!

Coughs, stability, there has been a seamless transition at the swamp, where the wizzard has moved to oneside allowing a man cut from the same cloth to take over the mighty empire that is rag world and even though he has won fuck all, no need to panic, all will be well and the 659m followers will sit back and watch the prem league trophy they claim as their own simply stay at the swamp. Whereas at Chavski although they have re appointed the choosen one, he will still be the media darling but will need a bit of time to get things organised, we on the other hand are the arch villains we signed a johnny foreigner (Don Howe has never heard of him) who has won nowt, only here for the money!!!! but to prove his worth his team were obliterated by a second string Barca the other night hahahahah. We have much building to do and to see whether or not our players can up their game and win everything because if we don't he gets the sack. :-)

Mancity1980 said:
jonmcity said:
Only matters how he gets the team playing on the pitch. Hope he is a great success. He will get the full support of the fans and he needs the backing of the club to freshen up the team.
Big season for us next year. We need to Win the league or the Champions league to prove we are the real deal, and not also rans like Arsenal.

I have not heard many pundits tipping us for the league, in fact there weren't that many before season 2011-12. I have to question why so many can't see past the Rags, is it lazy journalism or are they just scared of not getting utd coverage if they aren't in the "united are the best" camp?

Can't see the rags getting above third next season. Think it will be a fight out between us and Chelsea.

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Well if you didn't get past that you're not in a position to comment on his comments overall. His 3 at the back comment was correct, no matter how he framed it. It failed and in many ways derailed the whole season. He was correct about yaya playing too deep, and the forwards being off the boil. He also stated that Mancini hardly ever picked his strongest team too. The only bit of the whole interview which was incorrect was that he stated he felt that ADUG would give Mancini another 6 months out of loyalty. He wasn't counting on txiki and soriano's experience in the game and ability to spot a man whose time is over.

Barnes called it correctly overall and to disagree now, after all that's happened, is delusion.

Can't wait to see what pellegrini brings to the table. If he lives up to his reputation he will get the best out of this wonderful squad, and that will mean glory.

I am not in a position to comment what the rest of Barnes said so I - er- didn't. The clue was my statement 'didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..."'

I did comment on what I did hear and what he said was puerile, lazy and added nothing to the argument. If he said that playing 3 at the back was a mistake as we didn't have the personnel for it or hadn't practised the formation enough or whatever I may have continued listening. He didn't so I didn't.

As an aside the Yaya playing further forward bit always amuses the hell out of me since it was pundits like Barnes who slated Mancini for playing Yaya further forward early on in his City career as proof that Mancini didn't have a clue. Tickles me every time
I know you didn't comment on it, which is why I explained to you what he said .Saying 3 at the back was 'Italian' was the way he framed his further comments about the formation and how it didn't work in Europe, and that our players didn't play it well. And he was right. The fact that he mentioned the word 'Italian' was actually totally irrelevant to the points he made. A red herring. If you 'turned off' at that point then there's not much point debating further with you, as it was one of the first things he said.

I have never in my life heard a single pundit slate Mancini for playing yaya in the advanced role. Maybe there was one, somewhere, but it certainly wasn't anything like a majority opinion. Most people can see Barnes's point, that he's more effective Driving into the box at the point of the 4231.

Seeing as you turned off, I'll tell you more of what Barnes said. That we missed de Jong. I agree. That Sinclair was a bad signing. I agree. That we haven't got the best from the strikers this year. I agree on that too. Oh, and he said he didn't rate Mancini particularly highly, and he doesn't seem to know his best team. I agree on that too.

When you turned off you missed a pundit giving a sensible appraisal of the season that's gone. One that's been vindicated by the actions of the men running the club. You might just have learned something...

I did turn it off and no there is no point in debating further...

...except for the fact that you keep on debating so I'm getting mixed signals here.

Ian Ridley. To name but one. Guffawing like an unpleasant hyena on 'Yaya as an AM when everyone with any football sense knows hes only a DM' on 'Lifes A Pitch' or something similar. Classic. And you seriously don't remember the endless slagging we got for playing 3 DM's with Yaya being one of them even when he didn't play as a DM? I miss those days now. Perspective has given them a golden comedy sheen.

What else. De Jong. Meh. Given that defensively we ended up okay and offensively we had a problem not sure the presence or otherwise of De Jong would have made a difference. Sinclair. My dog knows that was a rubbish buy so no brownie points there. Doesn't rate Mancini. Probably because he was too Italian. Doesn't know his best team...christ its like listening to Hanson or Shearer on MoTD.

Well if listening to Barnes has taught you something I'm delighted for you. Keep me updated on what he has to say as it saves me the bother of listening to him. Its the holistic way of doing things. You know it makes sense.

jonmcity said:
Mancity1980 said:
jonmcity said:

Can't see the rags getting above third next season. Think it will be a fight out between us and Chelsea.
Chelsea should be big favourites on the proviso that they bring in a forward.

Think what they had to deal with last season re the managers and fixtures and what a boost it will be for them to get Mourinho.

Let's see who Utd sign before writing them off. I think they may make a couple of big additions as it will be important to them for Moyes to have a good 1st season.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Pellegrini has been dignified and, I think, honest since the stories about a change of management at City surfaced. He says he has no contract signed and no deal and that he'll begin talking to the club tomorrow. I believe him. He's said enough to suggest the the club are serious in their interest and enough to suggest that he is very much attracted to the club's project. It is hard to think that he won't be our next manager / first head coach. But when will he be announced? That depends on how smoothly the discussions go and when the details of the contract are settled.

Bless...I am now off to pat a unicorn

Marvin said:
what a boost it will be for them to get Mourinho.

Never go back ! He will flop, fall out with Roman and be gone inside 2 seasons. 2 seasons that will see us win the league, at least one cup and progress healthily in the CL, possibly even winning it although 2 years may be a year too soon.

IMO of course ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.