Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky will continue to fawn, scrape and rim the soon to be Lord Taggart at every opportunity. It's what they do and, as the old pisscan himself would say, there's no doubt about that. The swamp is nothing if not expert in all matters relating to media management, so expect to see the situation manipulated to the absolute maximum - with Gollum wheeled out sparingly, such as in celebration of his magnificent trophy-winning start to the new season.

Mourhino meanwhile will take Twitchers place as the object of the media's fantasies and desires.

Which leaves us as the undoubted object of their snide, spiteful, undermining, negative, contemptuous bullshit.

Whatever Mr Pellegrini's qualities, an ability to deal effectively with the corrosive vermin within the media will need to be up there.

Time to up our game City. It's not just on the field where we could and should have done a hell of a lot better last season.

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Every point he makes about City is considered, relevant and intelligent. Why not challenge one or more of them rather than make some childlike comment about allegiances?I would imagine the answer is that you can't, hence the adoption of bog standard forum 'they're all rags' idiocy.

You appear to be the forum equivalent of those Japanese blokes still fighting the war on pacific islands in the 1970s. Have you listened to nothing that's been said over the last month? By the players? By the backroom staff? By the CEO? By The Chairman?

All part of the great press agenda in your little world I assume.

To be honest I didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..." Not a fan of punditry based on a lazy national stereotype.
Well if you didn't get past that you're not in a position to comment on his comments overall. His 3 at the back comment was correct, no matter how he framed it. It failed and in many ways derailed the whole season. He was correct about yaya playing too deep, and the forwards being off the boil. He also stated that Mancini hardly ever picked his strongest team too. The only bit of the whole interview which was incorrect was that he stated he felt that ADUG would give Mancini another 6 months out of loyalty. He wasn't counting on txiki and soriano's experience in the game and ability to spot a man whose time is over.

Barnes called it correctly overall and to disagree now, after all that's happened, is delusion.

Can't wait to see what pellegrini brings to the table. If he lives up to his reputation he will get the best out of this wonderful squad, and that will mean glory.

On the positive side Pellegrini seems highly regarded by many who have worked with him however his lack of silverware is a concern. Malaga scored considerably less than the team teams above them, although difficult to judge due to the issues surrounding the club.

I will be happy to watch attractive and attacking football but he arrives with much poorer credentials than the man he replaced.

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Every point he makes about City is considered, relevant and intelligent. Why not challenge one or more of them rather than make some childlike comment about allegiances?I would imagine the answer is that you can't, hence the adoption of bog standard forum 'they're all rags' idiocy.

You appear to be the forum equivalent of those Japanese blokes still fighting the war on pacific islands in the 1970s. Have you listened to nothing that's been said over the last month? By the players? By the backroom staff? By the CEO? By The Chairman?

To be honest I didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..." Not a fan of punditry based on a lazy national stereotype.
Well if you didn't get past that you're not in a position to comment on his comments overall. His 3 at the back comment was correct, no matter how he framed it. It failed and in many ways derailed the whole season. He was correct about yaya playing too deep, and the forwards being off the boil. He also stated that Mancini hardly ever picked his strongest team too. The only bit of the whole interview which was incorrect was that he stated he felt that ADUG would give Mancini another 6 months out of loyalty. He wasn't counting on txiki and soriano's experience in the game and ability to spot a man whose time is over.

Barnes called it correctly overall and to disagree now, after all that's happened, is delusion.

Can't wait to see what pellegrini brings to the table. If he lives up to his reputation he will get the best out of this wonderful squad, and that will mean glory.

I am not in a position to comment what the rest of Barnes said so I - er- didn't. The clue was my statement 'didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..."'

I did comment on what I did hear and what he said was puerile, lazy and added nothing to the argument. If he said that playing 3 at the back was a mistake as we didn't have the personnel for it or hadn't practised the formation enough or whatever I may have continued listening. He didn't so I didn't.

As an aside the Yaya playing further forward bit always amuses the hell out of me since it was pundits like Barnes who slated Mancini for playing Yaya further forward early on in his City career as proof that Mancini didn't have a clue. Tickles me every time

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Bang on the money and surely something that all Blues are as one about.

franksinatra said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:

On the positive side Pellegrini seems highly regarded by many who have worked with him however his lack of silverware is a concern. Malaga scored considerably less than the team teams above them, although difficult to judge due to the issues surrounding the club.

I will be happy to watch attractive and attacking football but he arrives with much poorer credentials than the man he replaced.

The last manager who arrived at City with glowing references was Mark Hughes. When Hodgson pitched up at Liverpool you couldn't move for the media praising him to the heavens along with player endorsements as to his coaching and man management skills (as opposed to Rafa's less than warm approach). That everyone loves Pellers is not in doubt. His capacity to win trophies is and will remain so until we do

On the plus side I am sure his approach will be a welcome change to the squad and if he remembers to say 'Good Morning' and gets in the chocolate HobNobs he's golden.

bluemathlady said:
Is that clip of him being asked six times or him saying they have asked him six times available on the web? Couldn't find it on Sky's page. Two days ago I tried to find another one but couldn't because they had misspelled his name in an almost criminal way: "Pellegerini". Cheers :)
You obviously haven't seen the failure by some on here to spell the relatively simple ''Vieira'' correctly!!

So, who's cleaned up at the Bookies on Pellegrini then?

Don't be shy, amounts please £.

I haven't. :-(

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Its sunday and the anoraks are out in full force.. ;)

In other words - in some cases being ignorant is bliss.

Your ignorance is my bliss,especially on the moaners thread.

BobKowalski said:
franksinatra said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The last manager who arrived at City with glowing references was Mark Hughes. When Hodgson pitched up at Liverpool you couldn't move for the media praising him to the heavens along with player endorsements as to his coaching and man management skills (as opposed to Rafa's less than warm approach). That everyone loves Pellers is not in doubt. His capacity to win trophies is and will remain so until we do

On the plus side I am sure his approach will be a welcome change to the squad and if he remembers to say 'Good Morning' and gets in the chocolate HobNobs he's golden.

I agree the jury is out on his ability to win trophies and he clearly did not bring the best out of a Real Madrid side boasting the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Benzema. Even losing to a second division side in the Copa Del Rey which if Mancini had done the same in the FA cup would have left many foaming at the mouth.

It is funny that many have been happy to denigrate Maninci's record for trophy winning, highlighting bribery scandals, United throwing away the league but are happy to laud the ability of a man who has won very little in his management career. But I always thought Mancini was treated by many unfairly.

Still I have great faith in the men making the decisions at the club and I am not unhappy with the appointment, similarly I would have been happy for Mancini to continue.

When is Pellegrino likely to be officially announced, surely it's not going to drag on, by all accounts the 'the special one's has already signed a contract with Chelsea ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.