Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Always Ste said:
Ruud van Nistelrooy comments on Manuel Pellegrini....

“I can only talk from my own experience, half a season under him at Madrid and the last season of my career at Malaga,” said van Nistelrooy.

“The experience was really good and on a professional level and a personal level I rate him very highly.

“I think he proved at Villarreal and with Malaga that he can build a new team and get things moving. He can create a structure and culture at the club whereby things get better.

“So in that sense - and even though this is me speaking as an ex-United player - I think he will build something at City.

“I don’t know what his plans are for City, I only know the way he has worked in the past. I know him as a person and, for me, he’s up there with the best.

“He dealt with the expectation at Madrid. He got a record number of points for them in the season he was there.

“I think he’s used to expectation and the fact is he’s got so much experience over the years, so I don’t think the pressure will be a problem for him.

“I think with the squad City have and with him in charge - he will maybe need a bit of time - but I think they will do well.”

It reads even better if you imagine him saying it whilst dressed like this.
ay100885626ruud-van-nistelr.jpg

Who is his backroom staff likely to be, guys working with him at Malaga? I see in one paper Martinez is mooted as a possible assistant

LoveCity said:
Post in the comment section, Samuel reads them and sometimes does Q&As. To me he seems to think anything that isn't the United/Arsenal model is fundamentally wrong. Even though there are more successful clubs abroad like Bayern Munich who do things a different way.

Agreed. Ferran has changed our football model with the manager now Head Coach and Txiki taking on some of the traditional managerial duties especially when it comes to transfers and shaping the overall squad.

Personally I have always been a fan of this approach and I don't see why people have a problem with the concept of stability via the club's philosophy and structure and the Head Coach chosen for his ability to adapt and work with it. It works fine in Europe and surely will become more common place here.

The media's inability to see what City are doing or even the scale of what City are doing continually baffles me.

Martin Samuel would like nothing more than for our next manager to be a proud Englishman who drinks tea, plays cricket and owns a corner shop. He was suggest the other week that Pellegrini's credentials are on par with the likes of Alan Pardew.

English managers are shite. Just look at the current England team, tells you all you need to know.

NipHolmes said:
Ric said:
NipHolmes said:
Quality us, quantity them. If we get knocks it easily takes it's toll. United deal with it. They have an 4 wingers we have 1 and then players who make do. The only option we have more than them is holding mid area.

Largely agree with that, although I think we're better covered at full back too.
I agree with that, I just based judgement on last season. I look forward to Richards competing with Zaba. Just hope Gael gets the same competition, in particular I hope the club take a look at Baines.

No way you can keep Clichy and Baines happy in the same team! They are both top International full backs.

If u want quality journalism pay for the times or read the guardian, most everything else is shit which is unfortunate

When are we going to get tough with these cunts? Ban them from our ground completely. Dont tell them, just turn them away from carrington and the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.