Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric said:
NipHolmes said:
Ric said:
I think we have the strongest starting XI in the league, but in terms of squad I don't think there's much between us and United.

Quality us, quantity them. If we get knocks it easily takes it's toll. United deal with it. They have an 4 wingers we have 1 and then players who make do. The only option we have more than them is holding mid area.

Largely agree with that, although I think we're better covered at full back too.
I agree with that, I just based judgement on last season. I look forward to Richards competing with Zaba. Just hope Gael gets the same competition, in particular I hope the club take a look at Baines.

NipHolmes said:
Ric said:
SWP's back said:
It's the best squad in the league

I think we have the strongest starting XI in the league, but in terms of squad I don't think there's much between us and United.

Quality us, quantity them. If we get knocks it easily takes it's toll. United deal with it. They have an 4 wingers we have 1 and then players who make do. The only option we have more than them is holding mid area.

This. We may have a larger selection of top quality players, but the squad as a whole lacks balance. Very little width and very little out and out pace. Hopefully soon to be rectified......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2334809/Manuel-Pellegrini-long-reign-Manchester-City--Martin-Samuel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amuel.html</a>

I like how he insinuates Moyes will still be in charge in 5 years guaranteed, as if a few 3rd or 4th place finishes in a row will be good enough.

Very odd how he turned from the only writer pro-City to one so vehemently anti-City. Who must he have been close to that's no longer with the club to change his tone so quickly? Cook? Platt?

Andouble said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2334809/Manuel-Pellegrini-long-reign-Manchester-City--Martin-Samuel.html

I like how he insinuates Moyes will still be in charge in 5 years guaranteed, as if a few 3rd or 4th place finishes in a row will be good enough.

Very odd how he turned from the only writer pro-City to one so vehemently anti-City. Who must he have been close to that's no longer with the club to change his tone so quickly? Cook? Platt?

YCMIU.... Did a blue do his wife or something?

Andouble said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2334809/Manuel-Pellegrini-long-reign-Manchester-City--Martin-Samuel.html

Who the fucks upset him ??? Thought he was one of the boys.

Andouble said:

Martin Samuel suffers from morbid mental obesity. 'Attack bunny' Soriano is laughable, but typical of the sneering tone of this latest anti-City missile.

Please do one, Martin...

Funny how these journo's only ear what they whatnot hear...Ferran clearly said each cycle lasts around 3-4 years, and that most managers will do 1 or 2 cycles, so in effect Pelle cold be ere 6/7/8 years, I'd hardly call that short term!

Post in the comment section, Samuel reads them and sometimes does Q&As. To me he seems to think anything that isn't the United/Arsenal model is fundamentally wrong. Even though there are more successful clubs abroad like Bayern Munich who do things a different way.

Ruud van Nistelrooy comments on Manuel Pellegrini....

“I can only talk from my own experience, half a season under him at Madrid and the last season of my career at Malaga,” said van Nistelrooy.

“The experience was really good and on a professional level and a personal level I rate him very highly.

“I think he proved at Villarreal and with Malaga that he can build a new team and get things moving. He can create a structure and culture at the club whereby things get better.

“So in that sense - and even though this is me speaking as an ex-United player - I think he will build something at City.

“I don’t know what his plans are for City, I only know the way he has worked in the past. I know him as a person and, for me, he’s up there with the best.

“He dealt with the expectation at Madrid. He got a record number of points for them in the season he was there.

“I think he’s used to expectation and the fact is he’s got so much experience over the years, so I don’t think the pressure will be a problem for him.

“I think with the squad City have and with him in charge - he will maybe need a bit of time - but I think they will do well.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.