Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
Post in the comment section, Samuel reads them and sometimes does Q&As. To me he seems to think anything that isn't the United/Arsenal model is fundamentally wrong. Even though there are more successful clubs abroad like Bayern Munich who do things a different way.

Agreed. Ferran has changed our football model with the manager now Head Coach and Txiki taking on some of the traditional managerial duties especially when it comes to transfers and shaping the overall squad.

Personally I have always been a fan of this approach and I don't see why people have a problem with the concept of stability via the club's philosophy and structure and the Head Coach chosen for his ability to adapt and work with it. It works fine in Europe and surely will become more common place here.

The media's inability to see what City are doing or even the scale of what City are doing continually baffles me.
I don't know if it's really their inability to see what we are doing as much as their ignorance and unbelievable bias towards you know who. They just can't make themselves write something good about the club.

I already feel sorry for Manuel... the kind of press ethics (or rather lack there of) he'll come up against here will come as a chock to him.
I really do hope we'll adapt a different, more intolerant approach toward journalists.

Song idea, just need the last line.

(Melody: I am sailing)

Pellegrini
Pellegrini
comes from Chile
to be here

With Man City
God's own City
Pellegeri-i-ini
??????????

Cityisland said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Jumanji said:
Today be the day huh?
be another week I reckon

I recon tomorrow at the latest. Maybe even this evening. This has dragged on long enough. Suspect the terms were resolved a long time ago, costing us an FA cup.

Just signatures i think.
Late this week or early next week I reckon too.

I don't see why its "dragged on long enough" he couldn't sign anything with us until after Saturday for contractual reasons, and he won't even have been able to discuss anything personally with the club, his agent will have been contacted obviously, so things will be in place, but would you take a job without first discussing it with your prospective employer personally ? Of course not.

There is a verbal agreement to open talks when he could, I make that today, it'll take several days for those talks to conclude, there'll have to be the normal checks made on both sides, given the amounts of money involved.

Be patient, its very likely to happen either later this week, or early next week, its very unlikely not to happen.

It will make no difference to any signings the club are preparing to make.

Matt the Giant said:
I already feel sorry for Manuel... the kind of press ethics (or rather lack there of) he'll come up against here will come as a chock to him.
I really do hope we'll adapt a different, more intolerant approach toward journalists.

Pellegrini
Pellegrini
comes from Chile
to be here

With Man City
God's own City
Pellegeri-i-ini
He is here

Keep it simple!

Matt the Giant said:

Pellegrini
Pellegrini
comes from Chile
to be here

With Man City
God's own City
Pellegeri-i-ini
??????????
There was a song they were singing about him in the Green Man before the Cup Final, but I can't quite remember the words.....

BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
Post in the comment section, Samuel reads them and sometimes does Q&As. To me he seems to think anything that isn't the United/Arsenal model is fundamentally wrong. Even though there are more successful clubs abroad like Bayern Munich who do things a different way.

Agreed. Ferran has changed our football model with the manager now Head Coach and Txiki taking on some of the traditional managerial duties especially when it comes to transfers and shaping the overall squad.

Personally I have always been a fan of this approach and I don't see why people have a problem with the concept of stability via the club's philosophy and structure and the Head Coach chosen for his ability to adapt and work with it. It works fine in Europe and surely will become more common place here.

The media's inability to see what City are doing or even the scale of what City are doing continually baffles me.

Agreed, our "stability" will be similar to that of Barcelona. We will have a formation from the Kids through to the EDS and then into the first team. Future managers from this point onwards will meet our requirements rather than coming in and rebuilding a whole new team.

This summer IMO will pretty much shape our squad for the next 3-5 years with only 1 or 2 coming in per season in the hope that some academy lads can step in.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Matt the Giant said:

Pellegrini
Pellegrini
comes from Chile
to be here

With Man City
God's own City
Pellegeri-i-ini
??????????
There was a song they were singing about him in the Green Man before the Cup Final, but I can't quite remember the words.....

Oh that song..... " You can stick..............."

I'm probably a lone voice on this one but thought Samuel's article, whilst a little sensationalist in part (then again, he does write for the Mail), was on the whole rather good.

He makes a decent enough argument about the way we are setting things up now and all based on the actual words of our execs, not some idle tittle-tattle from a "club insider".

Over the last 12 months plenty have been saying what a top notch journo he is because he has been seemingly pro City. Just because he has put a negative slant on this new article doesn't turn him into a rag loving useless numpty overnight.

Matt the Giant said:

Pellegrini
Pellegrini
comes from Chile
to be here

With Man City
God's own City
Pellegeri-i-ini
??????????

He took a considerable amount of flak when he was managing in Argentina. Also at Real Madrid, not to mention the inevitable internal sniping and backstabbing that now seems to be ingrained in the club culture there.

If memory serves, he took San Lorenzo to the title, that being the same club that has as a lifelong fan and director Pope Francis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.