Pellegrini targeted by missiles on visit to the swamp

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
MCFCTrick said:
Would Baconface not have gotten a similar reception at Etihad...?
I've never heard of anything like that, but it's all about the wrong kind of person being in the right place to do such a thing, because if we've got fans capable of launching a coin at someones head in the stadium onto the pitch, that same kind of nobhead will most definitely launch something if he sees the United manager milling around the stadium. I've seen some of our 'fans' do very twatish stuff, just like any given United, Leeds or Liverpool fan will have seen the same from their fans.
That's a disingenuous argument to make, and before anyone things I'm defending either knobhead's actions, I'm not
Firstly I don't believe you can compare the 'heat of the moment' incident where someone threw a coin at an opposition player who was celebrating a last minute winner in front of those fans when he could much more easily have gone to his own fans with someone throwing a pie/whatever at a manager as he walks into the VIP area of a football ground. The former is an instant reaction to a huge disappoint with a little incitement thrown in for good measure, whilst the latter is a cowardly act against someone outside the ground before passions/tensions are raised, plus he wasn't even involved in the game

Secondly to say all clubs have 'twattish' fans is as close to a fact as one could get, however there have been few cases of a manager being pelted in England when visiting another club, never mind that that club aren't even playing the manager's team. So to suggest that this could have happened anywhere, whilst possible, hasn't happened regularly. However it did happen at Old Trafford on Monday night showing this fan to take the 'twattishness' a step further and yet another example of the shite that club really is.
So to say that the first scenario happened doesn't logically mean that the second will happen, although it did at the swamp.
So you don't think the pie throwing was done on impulse? That 'fan' could have been just as angry at the very sight of a City manager as the fan who threw the coin, he hates us that much, and therefore just lost the plot and threw whatever he has in his hand at the time - a pie. When in the stands, do you stand there with coins in your hand? No, and I would say not many do, if at all. To physically take a coin out of your pocket and launch it isn't throwing what you have to hand, it's making the decision to take something out of your poket and throw it - just because a player is celebrating their goal. Both are acts of cowards, but those on here desperately clutching at straws to almost defend the act of throwing a coin in the heat of the moment are as wrong as they could possibly be. As I said earlier, but the guy who threw the coin in a room with Ferdinand and the guy who threw the pie in a room with Pellegrini, and they will both melt and cower to the floor just like the hard man did when faced with that boxer after tweeting him death threats. Coward bastards the lot.

we see things differently
one is a sudden burst of passion that got the better of the person culminating in a rapid ejection

the other is not, it's quite a typical scum attack on an older person, circa wembley 2011

my second point has been nicely ignored though

ah well, not important it's only united

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
I've never heard of anything like that, but it's all about the wrong kind of person being in the right place to do such a thing, because if we've got fans capable of launching a coin at someones head in the stadium onto the pitch, that same kind of nobhead will most definitely launch something if he sees the United manager milling around the stadium. I've seen some of our 'fans' do very twatish stuff, just like any given United, Leeds or Liverpool fan will have seen the same from their fans.
That's a disingenuous argument to make, and before anyone things I'm defending either knobhead's actions, I'm not
Firstly I don't believe you can compare the 'heat of the moment' incident where someone threw a coin at an opposition player who was celebrating a last minute winner in front of those fans when he could much more easily have gone to his own fans with someone throwing a pie/whatever at a manager as he walks into the VIP area of a football ground. The former is an instant reaction to a huge disappoint with a little incitement thrown in for good measure, whilst the latter is a cowardly act against someone outside the ground before passions/tensions are raised, plus he wasn't even involved in the game

Secondly to say all clubs have 'twattish' fans is as close to a fact as one could get, however there have been few cases of a manager being pelted in England when visiting another club, never mind that that club aren't even playing the manager's team. So to suggest that this could have happened anywhere, whilst possible, hasn't happened regularly. However it did happen at Old Trafford on Monday night showing this fan to take the 'twattishness' a step further and yet another example of the shite that club really is.
So to say that the first scenario happened doesn't logically mean that the second will happen, although it did at the swamp.
So you don't think the pie throwing was done on impulse? That 'fan' could have been just as angry at the very sight of a City manager as the fan who threw the coin, he hates us that much, and therefore just lost the plot and threw whatever he has in his hand at the time - a pie. When in the stands, do you stand there with coins in your hand? No, and I would say not many do, if at all. To physically take a coin out of your pocket and launch it isn't throwing what you have to hand, it's making the decision to take something out of your poket and throw it - just because a player is celebrating their goal. Both are acts of cowards, but those on here desperately clutching at straws to almost defend the act of throwing a coin in the heat of the moment are as wrong as they could possibly be. As I said earlier, but the guy who threw the coin in a room with Ferdinand and the guy who threw the pie in a room with Pellegrini, and they will both melt and cower to the floor just like the hard man did when faced with that boxer after tweeting him death threats. Coward bastards the lot.
reading about it in the MEN, it was more than just a pie, bottles also. like i said before , what where the police doing ? how many grounds do you know that lets the home fans chuck stuff at people or visiting managers ?http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-manager-manuel-pellegrini-5793826<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-manager-manuel-pellegrini-5793826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ni-5793826</a>

All I can add is that I hope this has not set a precedent. If moyes turns up to our place on Saturday (as he surely will) all I can say to fellow blues is not to throw coins at his head. To do so would only add to the rag's transfer-kitty and may help them push it up to such a level that they could put in a realistic bid for Tony Hibbert, thus tipping the chase for the title in their favour....

squirtyflower said:
we see things differently
one is a sudden burst of passion that got the better of the person culminating in a rapid ejection

the other is not, it's quite a typical scum attack on an older person, circa wembley 2011

my second point has been nicely ignored though

ah well, not important it's only united
Apologies. You're right, and this is the only reported incident of it's kind I can think of off the top of my head, however my point still stands. If someone is brain-dead enough to take a coin out of their pocket and throw it at someones head, they are more than capable of throwing something at an opposition manager. It's just a matter of them being there at that particular moment.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
All I can add is that I hope this has not set a precedent. If moyes turns up to our place on Saturday (as he surely will) all I can say to fellow blues is not to throw coins at his head. To do so would only add to the rag's transfer-kitty and may help them push it up to such a level that they could put in a realistic bid for Tony Hibbert, thus tipping the chase for the title in their favour....

Haha

I was very close to the Ferdinand incident at COMS and a large number of blues were throwing coins, both at the player and the Rags in the away end.

As much as I dislike the Club, people from all walks of life are their fans (disabled, old age, women, children) yet Blues were pelting coins at them.
That was scummy so we were just as bad as they were regardless of whether Fergie had pies thrown at him or not everytime he came to Eastlands.

And I have just read comments that Blues were singing Munich songs at Cardiff??

Attention whores.

Why Always Ste said:
I was very close to the Ferdinand incident at COMS and a large number of passionate blues were throwing coins, both at the player and the Rags in the away end.

As much as I dislike the Club, people from all walks of life are their fans (disabled, old age, women, children) yet Blues were pelting coins at them.
That was scummy so we were just as bad as they were regardless of whether Fergie had pies thrown at him or not everytime he came to Eastlands.

And I have just read comments that Blues were singing Munich songs at Cardiff??

Attention whores.
Corrected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.