Pelligrini's tactics.

karen7 said:
I put this on another thread but malaga have 54 pts and a goal diff of 4.if he is a master tactician with the likes of isco in the team how has that happened?

The squad they have is nowhere big enough for the competitions that they are in. They have done extremely well to get near a semi final of the champions league but having a dodgy linesman stopped them. If you watched them at the start of the year they were pulling up trees with a 4-0 win against valencia and a 3-2 win against real it was brilliant to watch.

Isco doesn't make a team he one man in a pretty poor side which has overachieved massively look at there squad it ageing stars and pellegrini to get them where they are is nothing short of a miracle.

bloodyboutsa said:
I have read this post and have found myself nodding my head to a lot of the comments, great discussion happening here.

In my opinion Pellegrini is a really exciting prospect, I look at the way certain teams around Europe have been playing such as his Malaga, Ajax, United and without a doubt Dortmund, and tell myself this is just efficient football. They use pace on the wings, creativity (short passes) through the middle and have the striker make great runs through the middle taking their chances. However I think Manuel might not be needed and all Mancini needs to do is change his football philosophy.

What many have observed which has been very common this season (painfully shown against Wigan), is City slowing down their play to do these passes back to Yaya then out to the wider players such as Nasri, Clichy, Silva and Zaba then City losing possession when a shot is taken or Aguero is dispossessed, because the opposing team has been given time to set their 2 banks of 4 defenders...

I'm not sure if Mancini implemented this or he has been told to play this Tika-Taka football style but its hell as sure not effective. If we have a player such as Messi we can do this however for us its just so labored and this has without a doubt been shown in Cities past two Champions League campaigns. To get the best out of Kun we must play faster football and have other players drag defenders away from the striker...

This is why we need wingers! A team which has set the Europe alight and ripped up their respective league this season (Bayern) do play the style we kind of do (with possession based football) but instead of over passing in around the opponents penalty box, they have two blazing wingers pulling the defenders away from the goal and creating chances, not improving their passing rate percentage!

A problem for City if we do buy a winger in the upcoming transfer window is our problem is always trying to play with 2 strikers meaning as someone said before Nasri, Silva, Milner are going to miss out. Its not being effective at the moment and I cant think of top teams in Europe atm utilizing this system, United where the closest it seems Kagawa (or someone else) is going to play behind RVP in the future and with Rooney most likely on his way out.

With all this said, I'm really gutted for Mancini and I just wish he has one more season to save himself and show his haters what he can do....

MP loves to play with two strikers playing centrally.

Ryinho said:
karen7 said:
I put this on another thread but malaga have 54 pts and a goal diff of 4.if he is a master tactician with the likes of isco in the team how has that happened?

The squad they have is nowhere big enough for the competitions that they are in. They have done extremely well to get near a semi final of the champions league but have a dodgy linesman stopped them. If you watched them at the start of the year they were pulling up trees with a 4-0 win against valencia and a 3-2 win against real it was brilliant to watch.

Isco doesn't make a team he one man in a pretty poor side which has overachieved massively look at there squad it ageing stars and pellegrini to get them where they are is nothing short of a miracle.

You sum it up well but you're talking to a wall. This will all be ignored and you'll get another ignorant one liner in response, something like "Martin O'Neill is better... he won the League Cup at least." I do love BM but there are some very narrow-minded people on here when it comes to football outside the box.

karen7 said:

Are you aware of the problems at Malaga this season, all down to financial issues? MP and his players weren't even paid for three months, if memory serves.

His two star strikers are Julio "The Beast" Baptista and Roque "Crocky" Santa Cruz, with Jeremy Toulalan, the closest thing to a blunt object in French midfield circles, as his star mid. And this is a guy who specializes in managing highly skilled players!

Blue Heaven said:
karen7 said:

Are you aware of the problems at Malaga this season, all down to financial issues? MP and his players weren't even paid for three months, if memory serves.

I understand that as i do watch spainish football,it was a question as i dont claim to be a football expert, we are talking tactics during games and although rocky seems to be scoring a lot recently the goal diff of 4 doesnt say to me he is getting his tactics right as well as some claim.I will be very happy to be proved wrong if he comes here but for now im not convinced he is the right man

karen7 said:

black-and-white-from-the-series-line-form-color-1951.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDfThaxmTU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDfThaxmTU</a>

Malaga has nothing to player this year they are banned for playing in europe, they arnt being payed and most of the the first team will be leaving next year, there was a decent chance for finshing in a european place at christmas which was really impressive after the amount of key players they sold, but they have faded away due to a small squad and have nothing to play for. And remember they finsh 4th last year with 58 points and a much much stronger squad(lost 18 players and signed 3 free tranfers and 4 loans!) so 54 points isnt as bad as it sounds! I personally like Klopp but Pellegrini is a very decent choice better than Jose (too short term) in my opinion!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.