Pelligrini's tactics.

AntiUnited said:
bluemathlady said:
I just watched it yesterday, he sounds very intelligent, he hates negative football. If he is Isco's mentor, then I hope he could give Silva some spark back.

him and isco = gg with a proper winger goals galore simple.

Throw in Eliseu as well coz we´re in dire need of a decent left sided player

I´d rather Bale though

Armaan said:
Pellegrini will use wingers.

He says , clear as daylight, re use of out-right wingers, he does not use this system often.

he says wide posistions are normally the responsibility of the forwards, the midfield or the wing backs....only when playing teams like barcelona, will he change to out and out wingers.

mike channon´s windmill said:
AntiUnited said:
bluemathlady said:
I just watched it yesterday, he sounds very intelligent, he hates negative football. If he is Isco's mentor, then I hope he could give Silva some spark back.

him and isco = gg with a proper winger goals galore simple.

Throw in Eliseu as well coz we´re in dire need of a decent left sided player

I´d rather Bale though

Or baines ^.^

Something from their match against Valencia few months ago (won 4:0):

"This match was about Malaga, however, and in particular their exciting attacking quartet. Javier Saviola played as the main forward but often dropped into deeper positions, encouraging the other three to exploit spaces by dribbling at speed.

The three attackers behind him rotated their positions, but played different roles. Joaquin was the widest of the four, usually staying out on the right – happy to take on Aly Cissokho down the outside (he attempted seven crosses, more than the rest of the side combined), as well as duck inside and link up with others. On the opposite flank, Portillo drifted inside quickly to combine with Isco. To compensate for that, Eliseu sped forward on the overlap and retained left-sided width."

malaga-valencia.jpg

What then for the likes of Dzeko who by all accounts has appeared as good as gone. Would this change offer a new lease of life? If, as people have said, Pellegrini uses wingers, would this system suit Dzeko's game meaning we won't be looking to move him on?

If this system is adopted, and I'm assuming Toure will be used, could this potentially provide us with only one more space in the centre of the park with Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Silva or Nasri to fill and the rest left out?

His achievements in transforming Villarreal in a relatively short space of time is quite staggering, he's clearly a great tactician. His he a better manager than Mancini? Only time will tell. After a lot of thinking recently, I wanted to see Mancini get a shot at one last CL campaign and a chance to reclaim the title, but one things for sure I would welcome Pellegrini with open arms.

dennishasdoneit said:
Armaan said:
Pellegrini will use wingers.

He says , clear as daylight, re use of out-right wingers, he does not use this system often.

he says wide posistions are normally the responsibility of the forwards, the midfield or the wing backs....only when playing teams like barcelona, will he change to out and out wingers.
Have you seem them play? Joaquin is a pure winger and he's a regular in their side.

ayrshire_blue said:
What then for the likes of Dzeko who by all accounts has appeared as good as gone. Would this change offer a new lease of life? If, as people have said, Pellegrini uses wingers, would this system suit Dzeko's game meaning we won't be looking to move him on?

If this system is adopted, and I'm assuming Toure will be used, could this potentially provide us with only one more space in the centre of the park with Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Silva or Nasri to fill and the rest left out?

i was thinking the same it would be insane to get rid of dzeko if hes coming in now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.