Pelligrini's tactics.

Matt the Giant said:
AntiUnited said:
Matt the Giant said:
I am so looking forward to seeing what Pellegrini can do with Aguero. I think his (Kun's) time is coming up, time for him to firmly establish himself as one of the top three strikers in the world. With the right players surrounding him an a tactic working for his strengths he'd score for fun.

But we are playing kuns style of football..

Did you watch Kun when he was at Atletico Madrid? That's the Kun I want to see for us next season, or rather an even better version of himself.

I don't think he can do his best when the team is adapting a tactic which allows the opponent to form a handball-like wall of defence. He's more direct in nature, and lethal in one-on-one/two situations.
I've always said that tactics were to blame for the lack of scoring by our strikers. Mancini expects his players to simply overcome teams parking the bus through skill. It was so frustrating watching yesterday how Wigan was putting us under pressure and then when we did have an opportunity to counter attack, we would let them recover in defense and set up the infamous wall in the middle. Why Mancini never adopted his tactics is beyond me.. Every striker on our team, Aguero, Tevez, or Dzeko prefer playing a more direct style where they can run at defenders.

Favourite formations and how he adapts his tactics . . . . . . . .

That's a rather remarkable notion - seems like he has Plans A -Z, which can be modified as the game requires! Two matches v The PIeEaters and we attempt to kill the pig the same way it wouldn't die in the first match!

BosnianDiamond said:
Matt the Giant said:
AntiUnited said:
But we are playing kuns style of football..

Did you watch Kun when he was at Atletico Madrid? That's the Kun I want to see for us next season, or rather an even better version of himself.

I don't think he can do his best when the team is adapting a tactic which allows the opponent to form a handball-like wall of defence. He's more direct in nature, and lethal in one-on-one/two situations.
I've always said that tactics were to blame for the lack of scoring by our strikers. Mancini expects his players to simply overcome teams parking the bus through skill. It was so frustrating watching yesterday how Wigan was putting us under pressure and then when we did have an opportunity to counter attack, we would let them recover in defense and set up the infamous wall in the middle. Why Mancini never adopted his tactics is beyond me.. Every striker on our team, Aguero, Tevez, or Dzeko prefer playing a more direct style where they can run at defenders.

Yep. Mancini (who ive always supported) has disappointed me this year. I think he has shackled our players by drilling them about not getting caught in possession. We have been very reticent about taking players on in one on one situations, (always favoring the short pass), which is one of the ways you open teams up. This results in a slow, pedestrian game - i think its brought about by Mancini being more scared of losing than not winning. Pellegrini may unleash the players, as Jose would.

Darkhorse said:
I thought this was worthy of its own thread, but if mods feel otherwise I won't complain.

I don't know much about Pelligrini so I might be wrong, but from what I have seen and read it seems to me that his tactics may not be all that different to Mancini's. There was a video posted in the Mancini/Pelligrini thread where Pelligrini explains his favourite tactics, which seemed to be 4-2-2-2.

I find it interesting that with many people annoyed about our lack of width, that our potential replacement for Mancini might have a similar philosophy.

Can anyone who has seen Pelligrini's teams play tell me what his standards tactics are? How does he like his teams to play? Does he use wingers, etc?

For the record, I think Pelligrini and Mancini are both fine managers.

No, Pellegrini is nothing like Mancini. He WILL use wingers. Pellegrini is regarded as one of the best coaches in the world. Intelligent with a good man management style players like.
For references look at Malaga and Villarreal - we will attack with pace..................whats not to like?<br /><br />-- Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm --<br /><br />
PowderBlue said:
BosnianDiamond said:
Matt the Giant said:

Yep. Mancini (who ive always supported) has disappointed me this year. I think he has shackled our players by drilling them about not getting caught in possession. We have been very reticent about taking players on in one on one situations, (always favoring the short pass), which is one of the ways you open teams up. This results in a slow, pedestrian game - i think its brought about by Mancini being more scared of losing than not winning. Pellegrini may unleash the players, as Jose would.

That's what I've been saying all along, and why i was always an 'outer' despite the abuse from the blinkered on this site - some of whom are very quickly stabbing their man in the back and were guilty of being hypocrites yesterday. I on the other hand, stuck by what I always said (despite the infantile abuse) - mancini was never right for manchester city - pellegrini will be.

What's on Sky fucking sports? All I'm hearing is, Talksport Now!, Sky News Now!
No fucker has heard anything positive and we're getting bombarded by twats who want to break it first.

Elephant_Man said:
Darkhorse writes:

I don't know much about Pelligrini so I might be wrong, but from what I have seen and read it seems to me that his tactics may not be all that different to Mancini's. There was a video posted in the Mancini/Pelligrini thread where Pelligrini explains his favourite tactics, which seemed to be 4-2-2-2.

I find it interesting that with many people annoyed about our lack of width, that our potential replacement for Mancini might have a similar philosophy.

Pellegrini's system is not as rigid as Mancini's. The attacking 'interiores' move at will to the wide positions if the full-backs are unavailable. Conversely, if the opposition's back-four 'park the bus' to restrict space in the middle of the park, Pellegrini's full-backs have plenty of space in-front of them to run into attacking positions. It is this adaptability that allows Malaga to play progressive, pass-and-move football; they can keep possession by finding triangles through the centre as well as distributing the ball wide thanks to the full-backs.

Identical to us now....

Ancient Citizen said:
No fucker has heard anything positive and we're getting bombarded by twats who want to break it first.

Its Malaga vs Sevilla on Sky Sports 3, half an hour in

Ancient Citizen said:
Malaga.

Malaga are playing on Sky Sports 3.

Calm yourself madam

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.