Pelligrini's tactics.

Moonmir said:
ayrshire_blue said:
As i posted on another thread, from what I've seen of Malaga the club play with a very similar style to what we already do, and at times have faced the same problems with a lack of urgency, and being slow and laboured.

I disagree. I've seen Malaga playing several times and they play really entertaining football as Real did under Pellegrini! Love the man! :)
Well, I hate to labour the point but all this entertaining football hasn't exactly achieved much, plus he's 59, not 29, so if it was so effective you'd think there would be at least some success.
Apparently he's to be employed based on performance, not results, which may well mean that everyone will love watching us and we'll get slaps on the back, whilst our rivals get the victory parades for playing boring shit.

Ancient Citizen said:
Moonmir said:
ayrshire_blue said:
As i posted on another thread, from what I've seen of Malaga the club play with a very similar style to what we already do, and at times have faced the same problems with a lack of urgency, and being slow and laboured.

I disagree. I've seen Malaga playing several times and they play really entertaining football as Real did under Pellegrini! Love the man! :)
Well, I hate to labour the point but all this entertaining football hasn't exactly achieved much, plus he's 59, not 29, so if it was so effective you'd think there would be at least some success.
Apparently he's to be employed based on performance, not results, which may well mean that everyone will love watching us and we'll get slaps on the back, whilst our rivals get the victory parades for playing boring shit.

a bit like spurs teams throughout the 8o,s. all fancy dan,flicks and triangles, a team of fucking show offs who make the fa cup final a few times but never, seriously challenge for the title...oh great.

I am so looking forward to seeing what Pellegrini can do with Aguero. I think his (Kun's) time is coming up, time for him to firmly establish himself as one of the top three strikers in the world. With the right players surrounding him an a tactic working for his strengths he'd score for fun.

Ancient Citizen said:
Moonmir said:
ayrshire_blue said:

Sounds a bit like arsenal then,play fantastic football but win fcuk all..

Matt the Giant said:
I am so looking forward to seeing what Pellegrini can do with Aguero. I think his (Kun's) time is coming up, time for him to firmly establish himself as one of the top three strikers in the world. With the right players surrounding him an a tactic working for his strengths he'd score for fun.

But we are playing kuns style of football..

Matt the Giant said:
This is what I'm looking forward to the most as well. Also, we might see a reborn Silva.

AntiUnited said:
Matt the Giant said:

But we are playing kuns style of football..

Did you watch Kun when he was at Atletico Madrid? That's the Kun I want to see for us next season, or rather an even better version of himself.

I don't think he can do his best when the team is adapting a tactic which allows the opponent to form a handball-like wall of defence. He's more direct in nature, and lethal in one-on-one/two situations.

Darkhorse writes:

I don't know much about Pelligrini so I might be wrong, but from what I have seen and read it seems to me that his tactics may not be all that different to Mancini's. There was a video posted in the Mancini/Pelligrini thread where Pelligrini explains his favourite tactics, which seemed to be 4-2-2-2.

I find it interesting that with many people annoyed about our lack of width, that our potential replacement for Mancini might have a similar philosophy.

Pellegrini's system is not as rigid as Mancini's. The attacking 'interiores' move at will to the wide positions if the full-backs are unavailable. Conversely, if the opposition's back-four 'park the bus' to restrict space in the middle of the park, Pellegrini's full-backs have plenty of space in-front of them to run into attacking positions. It is this adaptability that allows Malaga to play progressive, pass-and-move football; they can keep possession by finding triangles through the centre as well as distributing the ball wide thanks to the full-backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.