Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

It wasn't the ref, it was a spontaneous outburst of frustration that for the second game running we'd been vaguely dominating a game without creating much and then had let in two sloppy goals handing the title to Arsenal. It's not for me, and it was only a small section of people, but it's understandable. It wasn't a booing of the team and what they've given us, just a response to that specific situation imo. Whatever got the players up for the second half worked. New game today, the whole drama seems to have jolted some on here to realize we are in a title race and that being happy to lose it as long as it's not Liverpool or United isn't actually what our club should be about.
That last sentiment, given where we now are as a club, is spot on sir.
We're not about to go into Arsenal mode - where finishing top 4 is seen as the seasons goal.
At half time against Spuds I couldn't see where a title challenge was coming from - I have a feeling that 2nd half may just ignite one of our runs. Today will tell us more

you do know they all go eventually

The one constant is in the main is us
But the crowd and media's perception of our crowd can affect us negatively. Wait till Newcastle get chumps league..every big player available the media will be inferring that they should go to Newcastle because they have the most passionate fans (BS I know) but the narrative does influence agents / players when the money offered is pretty equal.. We will put ourselves at a disadvantage when our own manager has sly digs...rightly or wrongly its our club that is disadvantaged..I don't think singing songs is the answer..i mean when your in your mid 50's singing daft songs well.... i can see why its not for most..But cheering a goal, getting behind the team when they needed it..penalty appeal for one! That's what's needed, a bit of support for the lads not just singing. f we don't watch the media influence all targets in the future when they chase these players around for quotes etc...we will lose out a bit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.