Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main criticism is insisting on Dinho at CB and not even once experimenting with Walker there and Cancelo at RB. But I'm sure Pep has got his reasons and the criticism might be silly.

People act as if it's easy to play with 10 men a whole game away from home against a tough team like Wolves. Ederson getting a red card ruined the tactics and the evening. We still could have won if it wasn't for a second brainless moment from Mendy. To generalise over this game is daft.

City will be a big club without Pep, of course, but moaning against him won't help with anything. Fans should be supportive during difficult moments and not turn against the manager. The latter is unforgivable.

I wonder if United fans were as adamant Ferguson was on the way out everytime they failed to win 3 successive titles?
He needs to sign new deal, then people wouldn't be talking about his potential departure. Fact is if he doesn't want to sign new deal then there has to be coaching change. Otherwise his final season will be full of speculation whats his next destination and players naturally then taking foot off the gas as a result.

On top of that we have gone from best team in Europe to standard top 4 team in half a season.

Good point.
I mean shit happens. This league campaign is going poorly but after everything he's done he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He deserves our patience. If he turned our 16/17 team into a 198 point over 2 seasons team why can't he give it a go with this bunch?

I mean shit happens. This league campaign is going poorly but after everything he's done he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He deserves our patience. If he turned our 16/17 team into a 198 point over 2 seasons team why can't he give it a go with this bunch?

The problem is not if he can do it, it's if he's got the appetite.

CL can be a redemption for him this season, but I am really worried about Real Madrid. Their CL experience vs ours, I think they will be much more confident which can decide the tie.
they have very quick players, some young Brazilians too, who can cause havoc with our defence.

This is a huge test for Pep, 4th season in CL with City, and now its a really serious opponent no disrespect to Basel or Schalke but they were happy to survive group stage probably in last two years. For Real Madrid it would be huge disappointment to finish in first round also would be the worst CL season for Zidane personally.
Could be last season for Fernandinho, Silva, Kun to come really close to a CL win. Maybe Kun has one more season but I wonder he will be a full starter and if he will be in what condition.

He needs to sign new deal, then people wouldn't be talking about his potential departure. Fact is if he doesn't want to sign new deal then there has to be coaching change. Otherwise his final season will be full of speculation whats his next destination and players naturally then taking foot off the gas as a result.
He's said consistently that he's happy and if he's offered a new deal he'd like to stay. If you're ignoring that because he hasn't put pen to paper you're just as bad as the media we often decry.

He's said consistently that he's happy and if he's offered a new deal he'd like to stay. If you're ignoring that because he hasn't put pen to paper you're just as bad as the media we often decry.
There is no doubt the club has offered him new deal, the question is does Pep want it, not "does City give him new deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.