Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are we won a league with a record low points total. That said, Chelsea can’t win a league over 38 games playing like that, waiting for mistakes against the bottom 10 in the league won’t happen as they also sit deep. Our forward line needs a major overhaul. Not bothered who goes, it’s stale and one paced.

Love Pep and think he's the best ever for us but my god did he fuck it up

We all knew Chelsea would sit back on the counter and we played without a natural DM

Whether it was Dinho or Rodri I don't give a fuck...... but to start with neither was atrocious (and in not being captain hindsight here I said in the pre match that this was bold and Pep has to take the blame if it doesn't work)

Pep has an issue with the champions league!

Pep is the best ever. But even being the best, he's not flawless. I am dissapointed on the staff. They are there to help the team and to help Pep cover his flaws. Literally anyone could see Gundogan as a DM was a bad idea. Anyone could tell that if Sterling plays, then he should be the false 9, and let Foden be the LW. For whatever reason Pep thought it was a good idea, but the staff should tell him to keep it simple, to remember what has happened every time he tries to make sudden changes at UCL.

Pep's season has been brilliant, and the league was won by him. He changed the way we play, and made us so much stronger defensively. We'll be back, but we need the staff to be a little more confrontative, at least at UCL knock-out stages.

If you only support the team or manager when they win 100% of the time then you need to find a new sport.

So fucking entitled it is unreal. Tell me how many times we have won two trophies in one season in the last 100 years.
There’s a difference, I feel, in being upset at losing because you played your way and your best and just lost, and watching the manager make the same mistake as before without having learned from it

Well i thought Tuchel fluked the first two games becasue we didnt play our strongest team but three defeats in five weeks from the same manager and squad of players would suggest he has worked out a plan to beat Pep and as you stated he got the best out of his comparably inferior footballers to do so.

But it's pretty much the same way they play every week. Pep even stated how they'd play in his Rio interview but for some reason thought we'd have to accommodate for that instead of putting our evidently best side out against, as you say, inferior footballers.

If you only support the team or manager when they win 100% of the time then you need to find a new sport.

So fucking entitled it is unreal. Tell me how many times we have won two trophies in one season in the last 100 years.

Tell me where I said that or acted entitled? I literally just said we need a change. I fully appreciate what pep has done, but this season hasn’t really been that enjoyable tbh. Yes we won the league and the carabao, no I wasn’t expecting to win tonight, but I was expecting something we could at least be proud of.

We said bye to bobby and pellers, why do people attack anyone who dares suggest we start a new era without pep?

It feels like pep doesn't want to win the cl unless HE wins the cl. With a left field selection or with a tactical surprise that outsmarts the opponent. But his record for city is developing a way of playing and mastering it. Not tactical improv. It's a problem and can't see it changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.