Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How “prolific” actually is Delap at EDS ?
The thing is the way the game was would it have done any harm? in that second half, Jesus, Fern & Sterling all missed good chances, who knows delap being a striker might have tucked one away?

He had a good record last season, been injured for a lot of this one though. He’s a highly rated striker, a striker that we don’t have. Pep treat today as a low priority game, if that’s the case, throwing Delap on for the last 15 minutes is harmless. I’m fully expecting “Pep knows best”, I’ve seen Delaps finishing and no one can convince me that any of our forwards are better at it than him. If he scored a goal today, even if it meant nothing, he could be useful option for the rest of the games. But that chance has gone now, he won’t get a sniff.

Dont kow what to think. After that fight in Madrid it is hard to expect another one 3 days later.
But
I also have a feeling we could do more today.
Last 10min they had 3 new players upfront. We had one, and was there because Jesus got injured.

Pep brought us here?
Yes

Hope we finish on top at least in EPL or CL.
If not?
We will come back stronger.

I'd write off the CL today so we can put everything into the PL.

Pep's brief is to win the CL. That's why he was brought to City. That's why he gets the big bucks. That's what he'll prioritise.

I said at the start of the season that I would see top 4 and a trophy as a great season in the absence of a striker. We're still on track...
Still cannot believe that sterling started that final last year . He will continue playing in the big games and will continue missing sitters in them aswell .

Been really fucking about with the front 3 recently, playing everyone out of position.
we have one player who can play the 9 to some degree and loads who can play right or left. Just play jesus centrally. Stop putting wingers in the middle and our only middle man in the wing.

Been really fucking about with the front 3 recently, playing everyone out of position.
we have one player who can play the 9 to some degree and loads who can play right or left. Just play jesus centrally. Stop putting wingers in the middle and our only middle man in the wing.
Jesus prefers to play out wide, he said this to Pep at the start of season.

Jesus prefers to play out wide, he said this to Pep at the start of season.
That all well and good and jesus has shown hes a very good winger, but at this moment we have lots of players who can play wide and none who can play middle besides jesus.

for some reason against madrid we had foden 9 and bernardo left? How does that make any sense. Foden is a much better winger than bernardo and bernardo can play false 9 as good as foden so pep killed the productivity if 2 players in one move. Just put the square pegs in the square holes.

24 goals in 20 games last season, 5 in 8 this season. Nobody had ever scored more than 16 goals in a PL2 season since it began until he did. He’s pretty prolific.

Still cannot believe that sterling started that final last year . He will continue playing in the big games and will continue missing sitters in them aswell .

Sterling is not a finisher. The number of big chances he misses is astronomical. He' scored many goals in his City career but that's solely on account of City creating so many chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.