Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No room for sentiment? Yet you keep banging on about wanting Pep to play Grealish even though he isn't up to speed.
No sentiment involved with Grealish. Like him or not, he's a £100m record investment who the club clearly plans to be a leading player.

Sentiment is for fringe players like Steffen and Carson.

You obviously already know that though. You just wanted to play the smart arse by hijacking a reasonable thread in your usual 'style'.

Go and measure your dick on another thread if you're so desperate.

Mancini too with Costal, although he already knew he was getting the sack at that point. Trusting in your manager is massive
Strangely enough, Mancini was forced to play Hart rather than Pantillimon in the Wigan final.

I honestly think that Pantillimon would probably have stopped the Wigan winner. Joe Hart was flapping at thin air as I recall.

I've always thought that you should stick with your best keeper throughout the season, and only use backup as cover for injury.

No sentiment involved with Grealish. Like him or not, he's a £100m record investment who the club clearly plans to be a leading player.

Sentiment is for fringe players like Steffen and Carson.

You obviously already know that though. You just wanted to play the smart arse by hijacking a reasonable thread in your usual 'style'.

Go and measure your dick on another thread if you're so desperate.
Can you point me to the dick measuring thread on bluemoon ;)

I'm leaving myself open to be shot down on this, but I honestly think that Pep sometimes picks on sentiment. I can't imagine any manager/coach opting to play a weakened side in a major cup final. Not least when it means leaving out one of the world's top players.

The only other conclusion I can see is that he doesn't see the FA Cup as an important trophy. Which is, frankly, quite bizarre.
Any trophy is important imo, but it is not as important/prestigious as the PL or CL.

Sorry still disagree .What long term plan was in place in the 5 year span from Aguero declining as an elite striker till now. What is the long term plan to replace an aging Fernandinho. What is the long term plan to replace Kolorov with a top quality left back.?? I think like many big Corporations an element of complacency is there that the dominance will go unchallenged.
The long term Dinho replacement is actually Rodri. And they will get a new back-up / future first choice DM in the summer.

Jesus was supposed to be the long term successor to Aguero; it didn't quite work out that way but finsing someone to replace Sergio is not easy.

Regardless of any of that, Pep does not buy the players - that's not his job.

Agree,I remember the problems and criticism at united when they went back on their word to Romero and dropped him for a final. Always see the bigger picture and long term benefit of keeping to your word.

Mancini changed his keeper for the FA Cup Final and still lost.

I would have started Ederson in the Semi due to the nature of Liverpool's press, and told Steffen and Eddie, the Final would be Zack's if we got there. I would not though have expected Zack to cock-up as he did and nor would Pep have done.

Sometimes, shit happens.

The long term Dinho replacement is actually Rodri. And they will get a new back-up / future first choice DM in the summer.

Jesus was supposed to be the long term successor to Aguero; it didn't quite work out that way but finsing someone to replace Sergio is not easy.

Regardless of any of that, Pep does not buy the players - that's not his job.
Never said it was? Its corporate indecision.

Sane was a natural "Arjen Robben" type winger, foden is an attacking midfielder being forced to hug the wing.
Would you trust Foden in the KDB position? Or right behind the striker?

The positions we are saying he is effective in us minimal. Foden a good player but we're doing what UTD fans do with 'their' players and that's to blow up our own out of all proportion.
As I say, Foden is a good player but the next Zidane he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.