Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he fuck lol

i wouldn't bother kaz, biggest wum on bluemoon
Liverpools squad cost €672m in transfer fees and ours cost €1080m.

That’s indisputable, so it’s pretty absurd to say Klopp isnt operating with fewer resources than Pep and being so one eyed you’d argue otherwise doesn’t make you a better blue than @MeatHunterrr.

Pep is the best, he gets paid like it, he gets given more money and control than anyone else and he has to deliver results above everybody. He knows that.

Liverpools squad cost €672m in transfer fees and ours cost €1080m.

That’s indisputable, so it’s pretty absurd to say Klopp isnt operating with fewer resources than Pep and being so one eyed you’d argue otherwise doesn’t make you a better blue than @MeatHunterrr.

Pep is the best, he gets paid like it, he gets given more money and control than anyone else and he has to deliver results above everybody. He knows that.

Liverpool are operating with fewer resources than City, unquestionably. In terms of the resources at the respective managers' disposal (i.e. the players), I don't think there's all that much in it. Pep's squad isn't 60% better because City have spent 60% more on transfer fees

I don't think we are the best squad individually. Madrid, PSG, Bayern and Liverpool are comparable. But we are the best team for sure.

Not everything is in Pep's shoulders though. Let's say that we dominate Madrid in Bernabeu, but all our players miss their chances. Madrid gets 2 shots and scores both. Would that be Pep's fault?

Just like Liverpool game. Pep's tactics were spot on, but our players miss chance after chance after chance and Liverpool scored every clear chance they got. If we would have won, league would be already ours. That's not Pep's fault.

Now, UCL final last year, that's Pep's fault. But this year, we are not only the best team, but we've dominated all the elite teams and if we haven't won all those games is more due to individual mistakes of our players than anything else, because Pep has won all the tactical battles so far.
I agree,we have played far better and dominated our opponents,but they have all managed to put the ball in the net with fewer opportunities.

Now to me that is down to a couple of reasons.....our opponents are making the most of their strengths and getting the best out of their individuals within the 11,or our failure to sign a player who knows where the back of the net is has come back to bite us on the bum.

Or....maybe it is just bad luck.....but i very much believe you make your own in this world.

These next few weeks will tell us plenty,i'm confident(again) it will be that Pep is still the best manager on the planet.

Liverpool are operating with fewer resources than City, unquestionably. In terms of the resources at the respective managers' disposal (i.e. the players), I don't think there's all that much in it. Pep's squad isn't 60% better because City have spent 60% more on transfer fees
Isn't that the point? We have put more resources into our squad and at the end of the day they're roughly equal (we're better, but it's not a million miles apart). I think they deserve some credit for getting super talented players for reasonable fees.

I'm pretty Liverpool currently have a higher wage bill then us and those figures I don't have too much faith in to be honest, our entire squad is better then Liverpools but when comparing starting 11s which is close between the two, I can't imagine the money is massive. And we tend to get a ridiculous amount of injuries compared to Liverpool against Madrid we were missing walker, cancelo, ake and then stones (plus mendy dont think he should be included but I'm pretty sure people are including his fee) take that many players out of Liverpools backline and who starts.

Isn't that the point? We have put more resources into our squad and at the end of the day they're roughly equal (we're better, but it's not a million miles apart). I think they deserve some credit for getting super talented players for reasonable fees.

They deserve credit, they have done really well to assemble that squad for those fees.

But there's something important here: the relation between money and time to assemble the squad. Liverpool have been very patient in their approach, because they, unlike City/Pep, are not under pressure to compete for the biggest trophies every single season. Klopp is in his 7th season and has won only 2 domestic trophies so far. City have won 10 (8, if you don't count CSs).

City/Pep don't need to be patient in the market, they go out and buy the players needed to compete at the highest level immediately, not after 3-4 years. Therefore, the squad costs more money.

Klopp needed 3-4 years to compete for the title. If you give Pep 4 years to build a top squad with less money, he can do it. But at City you don't need to be patient and wait 4 years to compete. You buy the necesary players now, not over 4 years. The pressure at City and for Pep, though, is much, much bigger than at Liverpool and for Klopp. Klopp/Liverpool always have, or resort to, the excuse they compete with a 'state funded club'.

Last edited:
They deserve credit, they have done really well to assemble that squad for those fees.

But there's something important here: the relation between money and time to assemble the squad. Liverpool have been very patient in their approach, because they, unlike City/Pep, are not under pressure to compete for the biggest trophies every single season. Klopp is in his 7th season and has won only 2 domestic trophies so far.

City/Pep don't need to be patient in the market, they go out and buy the players needed to compete at the highest level. Therefore, the players cost more money.

Klopp needed 3-4 years to compete for the title. If you give to Pep 4 years to build a top squad with fewer money, he can do it. But at City you don't need to be patient and wait 4 years to compete. You buy the necesary players now, not over 4 years. But the pressure at City and for Pep is much, much bigger than at Liverpool and for Klopp. Klopp/Liverpool always have, or resort to, the excuse they compete with a 'state funded club'.
Spot on..

City have been forced to pay premiums for players, because all and sundry knew we had deep pockets. That era isn’t over, and the Grealish transfer is being used to highlight its flaws.

Pep wants a very specific type of player, who is often almost the finished article. Even then, it takes a season of Pep-Ball to acclimate.

In comparison, Klopp is looking for a different type of player who can fit in and do the job they’re already doing at their old club, but in his scheme.

I’m not saying one or the other is better, but I will say that Klopp’s team performances have been very, very close to City’s, they match up very well against us, and their execution against us gives them the upper hand in head to head competition.

Our failings have been clear to see and, I believe, are seeking to be addressed. Liverpool’s failings seem to be that when they lack energy or do not have the conversion rate they expect from their front 5, they can look less than stellar.

However, it is only the height of arrogance, and the wearing of almost opaque blue-tinted specs to believe that the current Liverpool squad is incapable of beating us and winning every trophy on offer this season.

Klopp, much as one might despise him, has BUILT a squad of players that can compete against any club from anywhere, and should be recognized for that achievement.

Whether City or Liverpool win the League will be down to a point or two over the course of 38 games…yet again!

Whether City or Liverpool win the Champions League (if they both get to the Final in Paris) will be down to who performs on the night…much as it was last year against Chelsea.

Like everyone else, I loathe Liverpool’s fans and find Klopp to be a smug c*nt with a punchable face, but what they have built over there can only be sniffed at by a fool.

City have been playing some of the best football ever seen anywhere in the world over the last few years, with one glaring exception…the conversion of chances.

Fix that weakness, and no other team in the world could reasonably be considered a better football team…and any conversation regarding Pep NOT being the most forward thinking, tactical and organizational manager in the world would be moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.