Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. Pep can only pick the team and tactics and there's not a game we've lost or drawn that we haven't been the better team and created more chances. If the players on the pitch can't finish those chances there's nothing more Pep can do.

It seems to me that whenever we get to the business end of the season, he never gets the oppportunity to put his best team out because of injuries to key players. If we.win anything this season, I'll regard it as Pep's best achievement.

Well. Pep decides playing without a pure 9.

Even he has a real 9 in the team (Jesus).

But at same time his game is that.

Was going to post similar.

This City team is better than any we will face,so these next few weeks are pivotal for Pep's reputation and future.

Winning the PL and CL is very achievable,at this stage anything less will be seen as failure by many.Only the squad being decimated by injury could be used as a genuine reason that derails us.
No excuses mate. That's not even enough reason for us to fail at the UCL.

Only the squad being decimated by injury could be used as a genuine reason that derails us.
Or the refereeing

I just can’t agree that we have an OBLIGATION to beat both Real Madrid in Madrid and Liverpool in Paris. Any result is a possibility. He did what was in his power for us to get a more positive result on Tuesday

Or the refereeing

I just can’t agree that we have an OBLIGATION to beat both Real Madrid in Madrid and Liverpool in Paris. Any result is a possibility. He did what was in his power for us to get a more positive result on Tuesday
But we've been the best team in Europe the last 4 years so to not win the CL once would be a huge disappointment.

But we've been the best team in Europe the last 4 years so to not win the CL once would be a huge disappointment.
At the end of his tenure yes, but not in one particular season

I'm the one that couldn't careless if we win it or not, if we win it thats' great if not well it's not the end of the world. Ofc i want our club to win it simply want to experience winning it atleast once, but after that i will happy if our club dominating league for the next ten years without winning CL again.

Winning the PL and CL is very achievable,at this stage anything less will be seen as failure by many.Only the squad being decimated by injury could be used as a genuine reason that derails us.

Not that it would be acknowledged or accepted as such.

I am assuming that the " by many " refers to the media and not City supporters, although there are obviously some whose expectations are beyond being realistic.

Last edited:
Well, Liverpool are in the final.

Time to earn the big bucks Pep.

Any of Liverpool winning the league from 11 back, losing back to back Champions League finals to domestic rivals or Klopp winning the quadruple would all be pretty devastating to Guardiola's reputation.

The pressure is on like never before.
Wouldnt take a blow to peps reputation at all, you cant erase what he has done in his career here , not one bit

Well, Liverpool are in the final.

Time to earn the big bucks Pep.

Any of Liverpool winning the league from 11 back, losing back to back Champions League finals to domestic rivals or Klopp winning the quadruple would all be pretty devastating to Guardiola's reputation.

The pressure is on like never before.
Hardly devastating, in fact we have already surpassed what many on here predicted when we started the season without a striker many were predicting a struggle for top 4. I'm pretty pleased that we are still in contention for both and won't be judging Pep on what happens over the next 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.