Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a bit off of late but doesn’t look too well at this moment, could be suffering with this bug that's knocking about.
The guy is over played. A fit, fresh Rodri is world class and so vital to City's success. A tired, slogging Rodri like versus Everton is a borderline liability...

Agree 100% but don't bet on it. Pep is running Rodri into the ground. He had Gundo there a couple times with no worries and I believe Bernardo while different could do a job there too if needed. Last year he didn't heitate to play a much diminished Fernandinho there but this year its Rodri or bust.

No it's not. Phillips will feature in that role sooner or later.

For sure. I'm not speaking for those who think everyone sucks, the team sucks, screw this one, screw that one. I'm speaking for my belief that there are plenty on here who have the ability to take thoughtful, logical positions even if they don't always concur with Pep's thinking. Ignoring some of the current results is tantamount to being what exactly? Asking why Foden is not playing or subs aren't being made until very late on isn't some form of insubordination. Its not any type of disloyalty. For me its simply logical in response to what we're currently doing that is not working well enough and causing us to drop points to teams that were on life support coming in like Vilaa was and Everton is. This idea that we've won 4 out of 5 titles is irrelevant at this time. Its a different cast of players. This team wasn't built to be "in the mix". Haaland wasn't signed for us to take a step or two backward. City are massive favorites coming in. It doesn't guarantee anything and it certainly doesn't entitle us to anything but at least people should admit we are underperforming and some of it is a result of some curious decisions being made by the manager. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it, LOL...
I'm all for people sharing their thoughts and having reasoned discussions, but too many use hyperbole and invent scenarios to make their point. For me, that does nothing other than to see petty spats start and abuse flying around.

My personal gripe with Pep is never with team selections as he has access to much more player info than anyone on here, but his tactics with substitutes.

I get it he trusts the players he picks (and rightly so), but if he feels the need to have to make changes, then I would like those coming on given a sensible amount of time to try and make an impact.

Pep is obviously dealing with squad issues this season. This is what happens when you back the manager over players. I am 100% behind this approach. Must be new to pep tho so patience and trust is needed. First time in a while that we have player issues. No wonder he is selecting players on those that actually want to be here. Clear out the ones not happy and start again next season.

We weren't poor.

Everton had almost no chances. They had one shot from about thirty yards out which was blocked, and they had the shot they scored from. Players rarely curl in shots from the edge of the box, but occasionally they'll get lucky. Yesterday they got very lucky.

City created plenty, but didn't score as much as their play deserved. The number and quality of chances was pretty much the same as in the three games we scored 4 this season. While Demarai Gray would probably miss the next twenty times he tried the same shot, Stones and Rodri would expect to score regularly with the attempts they had yesterday.

Everton may be poor, but their defence is top 6, and only significantly bettered by the top 3, yet if that match was played out a hundred times, with the same chances, we'd win almost every one of them.

These games happen. City don't always play well, but against Everton they played well but didn't have the luck on the day.
Everton lost all of their previous 4 games conceding 11 goals. Sorry they are a poor side. City drawing to them is a very bad result and luck unless you have decisions against you is a terrible excuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.