Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice interview with Pep today on Sky:

hhttps://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...etter-after-world-cup-i-will-decide-my-future

Says he will decide his future after the World Cup. His comments reinforce the view that the most likely reason for him not to extend is because he wants a break. I do hope that if that should be the case, City say to him take a year off and we will find an interim solution so long as you promise to come back for "x" more years.

Would need careful handling and might invovle some short-term sacrifice for long-term gain but with an expereinced squad and coaching staff, it might not be much of a sacrifice.

We never going to do this interim crap, too much instability. Best to do it's just let Pep extend one more time and after that he is done. Time for new manager to take a reigns after him, no need for our club to be too dependent on him.

What if the interim does very well and is liked though, and would any elite manager take a job that he knows even if he does well, he won’t be able to continue?

Anyway I trust Pep and the board to make the right decisions that they feel is best for the club.

As others have said (and I alluded to), you would not necessarily need to bring someone in to be head coach but, if you did, everyone would know on what basis it was being done.

It's about finding a creative solution. If Pep goes and takes much of the senior coaching staff with him, they will not be easy to replace so finding a way to extend their involvement for several years is worth a bit of effort.

We never going to do this interim crap, too much instability. Best to do it's just let Pep extend one more time and after that he is done. Time for new manager to take a reigns after him, no need for our club to be too dependent on him.

Hmm, thanks for your insight.

One of the points of the interim solution is actually longer term stability.

ooooooh this stubborn bustaaaaaaaard :D <3

Fair play to him sticking with the same players to get back into the game but you can still change it after that.

Odd choice today not to start Mahrez. I love Bernie but he was out of position, I never like seeing guys not playing to their strength and with Mahrez and Alvarez available it was an odd choice.

The gap between the “3” and the “5” when we were in possession in our 2-3-5 was just too large. Gündy and Kev were too often right up too with Haaland, we didn’t have enough options for Walker, Rodri and Cancelo to beat their excellent midfield pressure

Then when we did turn the ball over our fullbacks were caught narrow infield and had terrible starting positions to cope with their wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.