Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was clear we planned to attack down their right. Part of what held us back in that was Ake. Superb defender but he's not going to bomb on and his passing is limited... Why the fuck didn't Cancelo get any time on the left and then just shift the rest of the defensive lads across one? A right side of Milner, Gomez and Elliot and we left them comfortable allowing Ake and Phil pass it back and forth between themselves all game.

How many times does tinkering have to not work vs Liverpool before we get to see our strongest 4-3-3 lineup against them

Keeping our shape/formation 4-3-3 and changing the game plan according to what team we are facing is completely fine.

Changing our shape/formation to nullify another teams game plan is wrong in my opinion, especially in a big game and Pep is too susceptible to this.

Honestly if we played our best formation were our players are most comfortably and we get beat fair play to the other team, but far to often in big games it feels like we're watching a completely different team to our City.

I don't understand the need to complicate things in big games, overloading the players with instructions, playing a formation that the players have to learn in-game off the cuff, playing your players out of position, add all of these things along with a highly-charged atmosphere, opposition players kicking lumps out of us and notoriously dodgy refereeing decisions how the heck are the players supposed to play a fluid game.
We played the same system last week against Southampton but with Cancelo on the left and Foden on the right

was that wrong too or has the result today determined that he got it wrong and over thought it ?

this one’s on the players , who played really well today ?

I thought Bernado was great and Foden had a good game

but the rest were way off their best , Kevin had numerous chances to effect the game but chose the wrong option

Cancelo was very poor and compounded it by defending like a schoolboy on more than one occasion

Haaland was poor and missed a few half chances we created

Rodri got caught napping on the ball a few times and seemed to think he had more time than he actually had

Love the bloke but no idea why he wouldn’t start Grealish and changed things so much after hammering Utd a few weeks ago.

Grealish is perfect for these games with a hostile atmosphere because he gets his foot on the ball, slows things down and/or buys a free kick. It’s vital and I’m surprised Pep didn’t use that today.

Seemed we have no real idea on how to attack which is madness when you have Foden, KDB, Haaland and Bernie on the pitch.

Pep didn’t really help today. Tactics in big games like this are causing issues. No need to change it. One of the reasons I don’t see us winning champs league. Sadly

Long balls hurt us all the time & we know the teams that do it but we don’t adjust.

Still keep pep for ever but cup final type games v teams like this we will always struggle :-(

Had a mare today with that line up/tactic. Liverpool have been suspect down their right all season so we change formation/tactics to attack their left side…. Honestly wtf was he thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.