Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Claiming we were the better side yesterday. It's good to see he's getting the nuances of sarcastic Mancunian humour.
We probably were overall but that’s not saying much. They had a game plan and it worked a treat. We were shite but had more chances, shots, corners, possession etc. We all knew that would happen before the game though because they’re fucking shite.

We probably were overall but that’s not saying much. They had a game plan and it worked a treat. We were shite but had more chances, shots, corners, possession etc. We all knew that would happen before the game though because they’re fucking shite.
Are you serious? Yes; the rags were no better than "good", but they clearly deserved the win. They were better than us. Play them in March, in the middle of a title run, when the players haven't been on a four day bender, and we'd beat them. We're a better side than them. But we weren't yesterday.

Glad to see he's taken responsibility, it was on him. Akanji had to play, he always plays when we are up against kick and rush pace merchants so why did that change today? Why did he think they wouldn't do exactly that?

Decision to play kovacic was fine he was one of our better performers and wasn't the problem he just had to be the one to make way to try and rectify it.
Agree the Akanji one was mental against a side that just play on the counter with pace. He got it wrong not starting Doku too but the Akanji one is what’s still pissing me off because if that game was to win the league we all know he’d have started.

Kova did nothing wrong really but the line up didn’t even particularly make us more solid as KDB was virtually playing upfront. Some difference from the player who could play as an 8 a few years ago and burst away from most centre mids. Just purely an age thing now though but it definitely makes us more open.

Are you serious? Yes; the rags were no better than "good", but they clearly deserved the win. They were better than us. Play them in March, in the middle of a title run, when the players haven't been on a four day bender, and we'd beat them. We're a better side than them. But we weren't yesterday.
Agree hence why Pep and the players let us down, it's a rare occurrence but they did yesterday against our bitterest rivals

Well that’s enough internet for me today.
Nothing wrong with his remark, he (Pep) should have said nothing, apologized at least. He always does the same thing after one of his brain farts. He treated this final like some pre-season game...and drop the fecking suit mate, it is so 2016!

"Of course, I'm going to defend you until the last day of our lives in the press conferences, but here I am going to tell you the truth.

And truth is that one's on me. Sorry lads."

Last edited:
I kind of disagree but take your point. Was the only way they could win and they did it well. Still didn’t create as much or really match us at anything other than digging in. Reminds me of when we were shit and dug in the odd time to beat a top side. People would say they deserved it today etc. I’d always think in reality we got battered but hung on and rode our luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.