Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought he’d leave us to coach the US for their home World Cup. If he won that with them, he’d have been revered forever across the globe.

Fortunately, that ship seems to have sailed.
I can definitely see the US doing all they can to get him, when he eventually leaves us.

I can definitely see the US doing all they can to get him, when he eventually leaves us.
Something tells me that Pep would fucking hate it in America. Messi's had to hire a bodyguard to look after him on the fucking pitch as people there are so fucked up. Pep likes to just cruise round Manchester on his bicycle chilling - he's been spotted in the northern quarter just having a coffee and not being bothered by people - no way he could do that in the Land Of The Free.

He'd do it for the kudos of winning a trophy with the perennial underachievers. However, I'm sure like every other football fan on the globe he fucking hates the xenophobia that come with the job and all that fucking 'coming home' bollocks.

Something tells me that Pep would fucking hate it in America. Messi's had to hire a bodyguard to look after him on the fucking pitch as people there are so fucked up. Pep likes to just cruise round Manchester on his bicycle chilling - he's been spotted in the northern quarter just having a coffee and not being bothered by people - no way he could do that in the Land Of The Free.
He spent a year in New York after leaving barceloana, so i doubt he hates it.

My guess is that less people would know who he is in the US than in Manchester, so i think he could ride his bike and chill over there too!

He has lived in the United States before. He lived in NYC after coaching at Bayern. He wouldn't be the level of celebrity here that Messi is, so I don't think that comparison is particularly apt. There are a lot of people in the United States that would have no idea who Pep is.

There was a video of him on here last year of some females filming in his building elevator, so no matter where he lives he will have to deal with some annoying people.

I’d hope not.
The way City and Pep are treated by the fa, the premier league and the media in this country I’d hope he steered well clear.
They’ll go from hating and slagging him off to licking his arse.
I say that as an England fan.
I also doubt Pep tactics would transfer well to being a national team coach.
He’d certainly have to water down his tactics.
Pep’s tactics wouldn’t work as well on a team he doesn’t spend time with week in week out.
Don’t get me wrong he’d still do a better job than Southgate and 90% of managers.
Pep’s teams are well drilled every single day in training, he also only likes a certain type of player with the right mindset.
As for replacing Southgate.
When Pep finally leaves City he’ll have earned and need a break.
A year or two minimum.
The way he’s been treated outside of City, they don’t deserve him.

World head coach for CFG. 11 countries to go to. 20 or 30 coaches to train. £35m p.a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.