But I think he should have played Foden or Macatee as RCM and Matheus as LCM.
And you think that makes us stronger against what looked like a half decent Newcastle??
I think not.
Foden for whatever reason isn't currently ready as a starter - so he gets minutes at the appropriate times
I'd rather Macatee and Nunes get minutes midweek against a side twatted 5-1 at Celtic thanks

Pep should stop experimenting. Today for example, he played Rico as RCM and Gundo as LCM.
But I think he should have played Foden or Macatee as RCM and Matheus as LCM.
I don't. Should have been Bernardo, Kovacic and Foden as the central 3. Grealish and Savinho out wide. Nunes and Mcatee will have to earn their chances but today was not the day for that IMO.

We played much better at Chelsea and W Ham than today. The main difference was that both the team selection and the performance were brave. Today we weren't brave. We won't win anything this season if we play like today.

Pep will try different things till he finds a winning formula. We have a group of players between 20 and 24 y.o. that can save the season by stepping up.

All I am saying is that, Pep should establish system, where everyone has his dedicated position.

If Bernie should be used as n8, then Savio should be starter as RW and Macatee his cover.

Gundo should be used to cover for Kova, cause we have only two players right now, who have experience and quality playing as n6, therefore none of them should be overplayed and have a decent rest instead.

This gives us more energy and competitiveness will help us to bring back fighting spirit.

Result was ok, but today I had a feeling that players lacked energy.

Plus Macatee and Matheus should be tested and it means, that whenever "main starter" isn't available, they should start and prove their worth.

Playing Rico midfield, when we have Macatee and Matheus, I think doesn't make any sense.

He’s certainly got his work cut out because he’s currently down to 14 trusted outfielders, but neither Stones nor Foden appear to be 100% fit, so it would have been hugely risky to start either of them in the middle against Joelinton/Giomaraes/Tonali. He now has around ten games to get them all fit and to find the right combinations to use against the harder opponents we will face.

Are you sure? @Jonas.shaffer , Come on down!

Yeah, because saying that, I think he's had a poor start to the season is even remotely close to being 'Pep out'. No... or maybe only in your mind. Could you put the bottle down or press the ignore button? Both if you want to do me a favour!

easy to understand why he wanted to prioritise control. but the balance looked off straight away - felt like it needed one of Foden, Savinho or Doku. Lewis, Kovacic and Gundogan in midfield, with Bernardo and Grealish wide, was always likely to be a bit too laboured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.