I want to see 4 EDS players become established first team players this season....then maybe the a PL/UCL or PL/ FA cup or UCL/FA cup double, in no particular order
I’d take “regular squad members getting good game time” for Bobb, Lewis, McAtee, and O’Reilly this season, which will prepare them for significantly greater roles next season.

Throw Savinho into that mix, and we could have 5 new starters ready to go for August 2025, if not before the end of this season.

(Not seeing a Pep thread updated for the season, but feel free to merge if I missed it in the Search)

As we start the campaign in earnest, and as Pep starts to get asked about players, transfers, the title, title fatigue, etc…, Pep’s pre-Community Shield presser was a brilliant look inside the mentality he is bringing to the new season.

He speaks about players, and that he will talk to Txiki, but that it’s usually Txiki that brings players to him and says, “Here, make him even better…” and how, after winning 4/4 and 6/7, it’s virtually impossible to tell this group of players that they need to get up to be Champions again!

Instead, as his brilliance shines through, and understanding both the mentality of the players and their pride and human qualities in being a great team, he says this season is about each player deciding how they can be better. He gives a few examples off the top of his head, like Rico’s long range passing, as he points out their challenge is to improve as a player.

Crazy as it seems, rather than try to win the League, the “goal” this season is personal and professional self-improvement!

And, crazy like a fox, Pep knows if this group of players can create ANY incremental personal improvements, that will add up to a better team and another great chance to win the League!

Also of interest was the statement that McAtee and O’Reilly are First Team squad players this season. I’m not sure if he just meant for now, or that they were staying to develop with the team, because they have a part to play.

O’Reilly clearly is being cultivated for the middle of the park, but McAtee seems to be an option to relieve both Foden and even KDB in their AM/second striker/false nine roles.

Exciting times!

Here is the clip I saw:

It might be his last season, and he will go down as the best manager we have ever had, but for me it is his personality and the way he thinks about the game, the players, the chemistry and what drives them on as human beings that will be the special sauce we will miss.

Let’s hope we are years from the end.

The fact is that we've not won a meaningful fixture since May. That's four months ago - pep out.

I’d take “regular squad members getting good game time” for Bobb, Lewis, McAtee, and O’Reilly this season, which will prepare them for significantly greater roles next season.

Throw Savinho into that mix, and we could have 5 new starters ready to go for August 2025, if not before the end of this season.
Totally agree with you there, All good things come to an end and sadly in the next two years the likes of KDB, Walker and Bernie would have left or be on their way out, The kids are ready to step up but we have to start preparing them and there's no better time to start.

Btw, I was referring to the names you just mentioned when I said "EDS players", I just can't shake off the EDS tag when I talk about younger players that came through the youth set up.

I bet the hearts of fans of other clubs fell through the floor, when Pep said he didn’t say this is definitely his last season.

Pep seems fired up happy to use kids & I see balls being pinged out wide this season. Slightly quicker attacks too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.