pep guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said we should drive a truck full of money to his house previously but now I think we should also give him his own fucking plane if he will join us. We need a top bracket manager.

I have read so much about people that want Guardiola here as a coach...

I just want to give you a piece of the book Perarnau, who wrote a book about Pep at Bayern, said...

The way Bayern support him is remarkable. Pep is less in charge than he was at Barcelona. Here he’s just the coach, but instead of making him feel uncomfortable, this ‘lesser’ role has been a liberation. His friend, Xavier Sala i Martín, puts it like this: ‘The burnout factor for Pep in Munich is less than at Barcelona because there he had to step into roles which shouldn’t really have been his, due to the lack of leadership there. There were moments when he seemed almost to be the president of Catalunya, the coach of FC Barcelona and the club spokesman. He had to fight accusations of doping, battle Mourinho and deal with UEFA. His work in Munich is much more normal.’
Pep loves his players’ immediate pre-disposition to hard work, the care with which Markus Hörwick prepares the press conferences, the minute detail to which team delegate Kathleen Krüger dedicates herself, the affability with which Hermann Gerland is teaching him about the variety of characteristics the Bundesliga exhibits, the outright passion of Matthias Sammer…

Germany is moulding Pep, who now seems more open, more serene, more disposed to new initiatives with every passing day. He’s not just conceding interviews to the club magazine and television station, but happily lends himself to some of Bayern’s publicity drives. He knows that the business of transfer policy is taken care of in the offices of Rummenigge and Hoeness and he’s just fine with that. ‘Here I’m the coach, full stop, which is very different from Barça. I coach the players, I try to drive the team towards the best results and I’ve got Sammer’s support, which is very important. He’s the key.’

I do not think that Guardiola will leave Bayern that early. He just started. And it is a nearly perfect work environment he has - more than he had it in Barcelona. Money ain't the most important factor - every club who wants to engage him would pay a lot. But I cannot imagine a team that is more ideal for his tactics or a better work environment right now.

Maldeika said:

I just want to give you a piece of the book Perarnau, who wrote a book about Pep at Bayern, said...

The way Bayern support him is remarkable. Pep is less in charge than he was at Barcelona. Here he’s just the coach, but instead of making him feel uncomfortable, this ‘lesser’ role has been a liberation. His friend, Xavier Sala i Martín, puts it like this: ‘The burnout factor for Pep in Munich is less than at Barcelona because there he had to step into roles which shouldn’t really have been his, due to the lack of leadership there. There were moments when he seemed almost to be the president of Catalunya, the coach of FC Barcelona and the club spokesman. He had to fight accusations of doping, battle Mourinho and deal with UEFA. His work in Munich is much more normal.’
Pep loves his players’ immediate pre-disposition to hard work, the care with which Markus Hörwick prepares the press conferences, the minute detail to which team delegate Kathleen Krüger dedicates herself, the affability with which Hermann Gerland is teaching him about the variety of characteristics the Bundesliga exhibits, the outright passion of Matthias Sammer…

Germany is moulding Pep, who now seems more open, more serene, more disposed to new initiatives with every passing day. He’s not just conceding interviews to the club magazine and television station, but happily lends himself to some of Bayern’s publicity drives. He knows that the business of transfer policy is taken care of in the offices of Rummenigge and Hoeness and he’s just fine with that. ‘Here I’m the coach, full stop, which is very different from Barça. I coach the players, I try to drive the team towards the best results and I’ve got Sammer’s support, which is very important. He’s the key.’

I do not think that Guardiola will leave Bayern that early. He just started. And it is a nearly perfect work environment he has - more than he had it in Barcelona. Money ain't the most important factor - every club who wants to engage him would pay a lot. But I cannot imagine a team that is more ideal for his tactics or a better work environment right now.
He'll get bored and miss fighting with Mourinho.

Maldeika said:

It's a fair point of view that Maldeika. I also think when I see his team and his work in Bayern that it's hard to imagine him walking away before his contract is up as a bare minimum. I guess the only question mark is over the competitiveness of the league. If he's won it again by mid March or whenever it was over as a competition last season, I wonder if that might make him question how long he'll stay.

Having said that i wonder whether even when he does leave Bayern, he has the desire to cross swords with Mourinho again.

Mister Appointment said:
Maldeika said:

It's a fair point of view that Maldeika. I also think when I see his team and his work in Bayern that it's hard to imagine him walking away before his contract is up as a bare minimum. I guess the only question mark is over the competitiveness of the league. If he's won it again by mid March or whenever it was over as a competition last season, I wonder if that might make him question how long he'll stay.

Having said that i wonder whether even when he does leave Bayern, he has the desire to cross swords with Mourinho again.

Maybe Pep has or will change his mind about England but my understanding is that he learnt English some years ago because he wanted to work in England, eventually.

I would expect that all the things he is enjoying about working in Munich are being fed to Txiki on a regular basis.

OB1 said:
Maybe Pep has or will change his mind about England but my understanding is that he learnt English some years ago because he wanted to work in England, eventually.

I would expect that all the things he is enjoying about working in Munich are being fed to Txiki on a regular basis.

I worry that his relationship with Mourinho was too poisonous and that'll keep him out of the PL while Mou's here. I also think there'll be plenty of pull to go and manage Arsenal or even the rags - who IMO will both be looking for new managers at the end of next season if not before!

This foregone conclusion feels like less and less of a foregone conclusion with each passing day. Maybe the pessimism surrounding City is seeping into my thought patterns.

We just seem to be the right club at the right time in my opinion, how much motivation can you get in a league where only you can win it? The PL is far more competitive, we have owners he has worked with before, a new training facility La Maisa style with an ex Barcelona coach heading the playing style and a league he has made no secret he wants to manage in. He can take the club to whole new heights and firmly put us on the football map-if anybody will bring kids through from the new facility then its Pep.

Without doubt he would put Maureen firmly in his place both on and off the pitch in my opinion, there's more than enough motivation for him to come to England.

Worried about Mourinho ?

I'm assuming that's a joke.

Chances are he will end up in England, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be next year, in two years, or at City. Of course we have the connection, but he might fancy doing something else. He could stay on five more years at Bayern & then move.

He could come over next year & take over at Arsenal, or the rags, or Chelsea if Mourinho blows it again this season like he did last.

We are obviously a strong candidate but we are not the only one.

Neville Kneville said:
Worried about Mourinho ?

I'm assuming that's a joke.

Why assume it's a joke. Pep's burnout at the end of his time at Barcelona was widely reported, as was the problematic relationship he had with Mourinho. I can fully see someone like him deciding that he doesn't want to deal with Mourinho and his shit on a week by week basis and therefore choosing to wait until Mourinho is done managing in England before coming here. Pep's a young guy and doesn't need to rush into anything he doesn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.