Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

I watched SSN between 8 and 9 this morning. Unless it was on in the 2 minutes I made a cup of tea, there was nary a single mention of the award. On the back of reference to the 100 points achievement being condensed down to a handful of perfunctory match reports, it’s no wonder people are irritated

People are continually irritated and its a deflection from the fact Pep won both awards which is contrary to those who claimed bias against the club

Now its back to ifs and buts and subjective statements as that is safer ground. The fact is he won both awards and many claimed the bias against us would not let this happen.

West Ham sacking Moyes, Everton binning off big Sam, Conte on his last legs at Chelsea, Arsenal completely managerless and looking to an inexperienced coach to steady the ship , Pochettino a complete bottler who’s got ideas of else where, klopp whos finished one point worse off than last season, Jose the busted flush who no one wants to play for anymore.

Wouldn’t swap Pep for any of them.

People are continually irritated and its a deflection from the fact Pep won both awards which is contrary to those who claimed bias against the club

Now its back to ifs and buts and subjective statements as that is safer ground. The fact is he won both awards and many claimed the bias against us would not let this happen.

Get away with you, Frank. The reason people are always irritated and claiming bias (in respect of this particular topic), is because only 4 times in the previous 26 years had the award not gone to the winner of the Premier League champions, which 4 years just happened to include 2012 and 2014 when City finished top of the pile. Chuck in Aguero never making the team of the year, and the very clear campaign by the media to publicise Salah (who was no better or worse than KDB) and Dyche’s claims to this year’s awards, and that cynicism was fully justified. But let’s turn it round a bit. Do you think Pep would have got this year’s award if City had been champions with 90 points rather than 100, or would Dyche have become 2018’s Pardew/Pulis style stalking horse? You might claim we’ll never know (and of course we won’t), but I know which my money would have been riding on. It took 100 points and the smashing of every record known to man, for a representative of City to win one of the game’s main individual prizes and that’s a fact!

Get away with you, Frank. The reason people are always irritated and claiming bias (in respect of this particular topic), is because only 4 times in the previous 26 years had the award not gone to the winner of the Premier League champions, which 4 years just happened to include 2012 and 2014 when City finished top of the pile. Chuck in Aguero never making the team of the year, and the very clear campaign by the media to publicise Salah (who was no better or worse than KDB) and Dyche’s claims to this year’s awards, and that cynicism was fully justified. But let’s turn it round a bit. Do you think Pep would have got this year’s award if City had been champions with 90 points rather than 100, or would Dyche have become 2018’s Pardew/Pulis style stalking horse? You might claim we’ll never know (and of course we won’t), but I know which my money would have been riding on. It took 100 points and the smashing of every record known to man, for a representative of City to win one of the game’s main individual prizes and that’s a fact!
Spot on!

You are picking and choosing facts here to suit your own narrative or otherwise you are not aware of the LMA manager of the year award even though its ‘hugely reported’ every year when City do not win it.

Ferguson did not win the LMA award until 1999 even though he won the title 4 times 93, 94, 96, 97 prior to receiving the award.

The premier league winning manager has only received the award 8 times over 26 seasons.

Fergie has only won it 4 times out of the 12 times he won the league and Mourinho has never won it including the Chelsea team which achieved 95 points (previous record) and the Ancelotti side which were previous top scorers. If there was a bias against us it would have been easy to not have awarded it to us.

Yes I clearly bought into it like all the players he has coached have bought into the bollocks.

If only the likes of Henry, Viera etc were as wise and knowledgeable about football as Gaudinomotors.

Yes, Wenger the man who arranged a nine million per season salary for himself but who let countless players run down their contracts and go to direct rivals, the only things collosal about him were his salary and arrogance.

Yes, Wenger the man who arranged a nine million per season salary for himself but who let countless players run down their contracts and go to direct rivals, the only things collosal about him were his salary and arrogance.

Ha ha. That is hilarious and ridiculous. Yes and If Pep workd for free we could afford to refuse the offer for Maffeo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.