Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

A full two weeks prior to the action was dropped, Infantno said: “They are booing their team, they are booing opponents, they are booing the Uefa Champions League anthem.

“We have to not be offended by it, live with it and to make things always better and try to prove and show people what is down in our heart is football basically.”

UEFA had no interest in charging City, it was just some **** from Iceland who put it in the report.

It was the best publicity we will ever get unless we actually organise a real protest, which nobody is bothered enough to do.

Yes he did say that, and that came a long time after an absolute shitstorm of media coverage ridiculing the fact that UEFA had opened a disciplinary investigation - which as you rightly say, they then shut. UEFA had every interest in charging City until they realised what a bunch of pricks they were making themselves look in the process.

Mate, if you think coming up with a chant about David Gill is going to have an impact, knock yourself out. Try and get it going on the stands, do a Youtube video, whatever you think will have an impact. Personally, I don't think it's going to work.

Booing for 30 seconds does work because all of the newspapers are reporting on it, together with our gripes against UEFA.

I'm not sure if you've actually seen Guardiola's post match interview, but here it is, so you can see what he actually said and understand the context.

He says he "doesn't know" why we boo, he "doesn't understand the reasons" and it is about things that "happened before (he) came here".

If somebody sat down with him and explained the reasons, I'm sure he'd understand fully.

He then goes on to say that he wishes all of the fans would come, the stadium was full and all of the fans sung to help the team. I totally agree with him, I wish that too.

But regarding the club's stance, if you read the various reports this week, they all included a list of our grievances against UEFA. Now either that's total coincidence, or the club have leaked that information to the press in order to gain exposure for our grievances.

Well our grievences against UEFA are meaningless now as far as I'm concerned & the club should have helped those who went to Russia at the time. Too late now.

It's what UEFA and the cartel clubs are attempting to do next which is more important. And the people involved should be dragged out from the shadows they hide in.

But the truth is, nobody cares enough to do that. So a quick boo which most laugh about & hardly anybody but me actually took part in, where I was on Wed, is the way for everyone to feel as if they have done something. Perhaps Pep will see he is flogging a dead horse & change tact.

Or perhaps it will die out.

But a great opportunity to attack the anthem & make an absolute volcano of noise pre kickoff is going to be missed by the look of it, which is a terrible pity.

The way to do it would be to get together will all fans & protest about UEFA even outside the Champions League, & out the individuals involved. Name the people who are trying to bend football to suit their clubs.

But people don't actually care that much to do it. It's just posturing. Most are just having a laugh by booing & aren't even serious.

I get your point, but I don't regard the booing as having a laugh, and I'm sure that there many others who don't either.

Perhaps it is as PB has suggested earlier that some of our supporters do not understand the significance of the role of played by UEFA and exactly what the protest is about ?

Shaelumstash mentions above that the club may have been instrumental in leaking the list of grievances against UEFA to the press recently , and that perhaps a greater number of people will now be aware of the reason for the discontent with our treatment.

I would hope that the message starts to reach a greater number of our supporters, who may in turn feel that it is time to take some action against such blatant discrimination.

Last edited:
Yes he did say that, and that came a long time after an absolute shitstorm of media coverage ridiculing the fact that UEFA had opened a disciplinary investigation - which as you rightly say, they then shut. UEFA had every interest in charging City until they realised what a bunch of pricks they were making themselves look in the process.

Then they would have had to charge the other clubs who do it as well. But they had no intention of doing anything of the sort.

The "emptihad" jeer is a growing trend around the states. EVERYWHERE I go now, it is brought up when I mention I'm a city fan when I'm watching games at various bars. I have no retort.

The power of the Internet and global rags, amazing.
Suggest you do what any good Texan would do, shoot the fcukers!!

I get your point, but I don't regard the booing as having a laugh, and I'm sure that there many others who don't either.

Perhaps it is as PB has suggested earlier that some of our supporters do not understand the significance of the role of played by UEFA and exactly what the protest is about ?

Shaelumstash mentions above that the club may have been instrumental in leaking the list of grievances against UEFA to the press recently , and that perhaps a greater number of people will now be aware of the reason for the discontent with our treatment.

I would hope that the message starts to reach a greater number of our supporters.

Have a look round the ground if people are booing next time & look at the faces of most in the ground.
Mostly it's apathy or amusement with a handful of people here & there who are serious. Most are not even doing it.

If they had no intention of charging us they wouldn't have opened the disciplinary investigation in the first place.

They followed procedure & decided there was no case.

European football’s governing body is investigating after its match delegate included the incident in his report. A statement on Thursday confirmed that City could be sanctioned under regulation Art. 16 (2) (g) DR ‘disruption of a competition anthem’.

“Please note that the incident was reported by the match officials therefore a case was opened,” read the statement. “This does not necessarily mean that a sanction will be imposed.”

The case will be dealt with by Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 November.

Last edited:

I would hope that the message starts to reach a greater number of our supporters.
Perhaps Pep should google 'why do City fans boo the champs league anthem', before he comments again? Educate himself a bit? To be honest, I find it hard to believe that 30 seconds of booing has a detrimental affect on the team, and if it does and they are that weak mentally, we'll struggle to win anything anyway.

If anyone thinks we are booing the anthem because a few die hards lost a few hundred quid in Moscow they are utterly deluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.