Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

So he's trying to change it & probably with the backing of the club, hence Francis Lee repeating it.

Another thing is that UEFA have a new leader with a huge mandate who is talking about looking into the new agreement pushed through by the cartel.

The rag, scouse infiltrated FA didn't vote for him. Maybe the Germans Italians etc didn't either & he is not a cartel man. In that case, for all we know, he might be our preferred man, who we think we can work with.
Yes, if we are booing because we want change, maybe this is the change we want so let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance.

So he's trying to change it & probably with the backing of the club, hence Francis Lee repeating it.

Another thing is that UEFA have a new leader with a huge mandate who is talking about looking into the new agreement pushed through by the cartel.

The rag, scouse infiltrated FA didn't vote for him. Maybe the Germans Italians etc didn't either & he is not a cartel man. In that case, for all we know, he might be our preferred man, who we think we can work with.
Italians and Germans both voted for him.

I was going to post about his statements too, it sounded like he was saying he will show all the big clubs who's in charge.

Last edited:
Wasting your time mate I've said it 3 times already it was an appeal not a personal attack but they are officially "outraged". He's seen how good the Etihad can be from league matches and wants to show us in the best light in Europe maybe... but nope self important fans who think they are bigger than the club have been offended so he's out of order and not allowed to say that.

Well said, some of our fans need to give their heads a shake.

I didn't know franny had repeated it but the thing is you can't force a fanbase in any direction it'll happen organically,i don't think he timed his comments on the right day after the cancellation and UEFA not letting us sell new tickets,we will be excited by the CL as we get further in it and the football is great as it is,it's not wrong to question him,we are not dippers,as far as the new guy goes time will tell

Pep I love you and I love what you are doing with the team but whilst a corrupt organisation rund the Champs league I will boo.
I also wonder if you know what you have started with the media. They don't need any encouragement to circle empty seats or print stupid messages but you have helped give them a load more ammunition. Perhaps you would like to explain to me the difference between the League Cup (whatever daft name it now goes by) and the Champs League because we dont turn up for that either. There are many reasons why htye don't but to me not one fan has to explain why they did not bother for either.

Another thing folk dont think about is it hurts us from the opening kickoff.

1. The refs surely dont like being booed at(they are, after all, UEFA's reps). So they are a little more pissy than we should have them by kick off.

2. What do potential transfer targets think of it? Would you rather go and be cheered, or booed at? Doesn't matter about the why's, this is what is happening.

3. Collectively it put our fans in a negative mind set before a ball is kicked.

It's definitely time to move on. Platini is gone. We're here at the table whether they like it or not. Now that we are here, what will annoy them most is if we kick off our shoes and make ourselves very comfortable.

I've got a bit of sympathy for Guardiola on this one but I fear he's been put up to it by the club. If City want the ground full on Champions League nights the should accept the socio-economic circumstances of our core support for what they are and heavily reduce the prices of tickets for the premier league.

The simple fact is that if you want to attend the majority of the home games in the same part of the ground with your mates then you have to buy a season ticket. Once you've shelled out for that purchasing tickets for the Champions League is a luxury many can't justify.

Looking back at the attendances in the Mercer / Allison era many City fans used to sack of run off the mill home games in the league but turn out in huge numbers for midweek European games and cup games. Our support has always had to pick and choose it's games and the pattern now is the same as it's always been, just reversed in favour of the league games because of the necessity of having a season ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.