Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Jesus reading this thread you would think alan ball was still in charge with Peter Swales as chairman. Get a fuckin grip. Reds reading this will be laughing their socks off.

Pep would just like full stadiums for games to support the team because funnily enough a full ground with pumped fans gives the team an edge.

You cannot expect him to know every single city fans work schedule travel commitments and financial state. However As a general statement there is nothing wrong with it.

I cannot speak for every poster on here but me, I couldn't give two thre'penny fucks what a Rag thinks, whether he has read it on here or not. I am also not arsed what Twiter people say or Facebook for that matter.

As a general statement there was nothing wrong with it as you say but likewise there is nothing wrong with the replies by Blues. I have always felt that City fans are individuals rather than sheep. If they chose to stay away on Tuesday/Wednesday night that is their choice.

That's good to know. I wonder if we can get wristbands made up or a secret handshake sorted?

Joking apart, I don't know if you're including me in that or not, I rarely pay attention to usernames, just read posts and sometimes agree, sometimes disagree. I certainly don't go along with any set crowd and I'm happy to change my mind on a multitude of subjects if I hear a convincing enough argument. On this one I'm not overly bothered about the booing, I've been doing it but as I've mentioned it's been mostly in a pantomime way for last 12 months. Seeing as UEFA have appointed a new president it's as good a time as ever to knock it on the head.

I still don't think last night was a great time for Pep to make his comments. It's given an already rancid media plenty of ammunition to use it against us and frankly I'm not a fan of our loyal support being put down on a weekly basis.
No that was sarcasm mate haha. ;)

I'm not picking out anybody in particular anyway or I'd imagine that's bannable(and probably unfair to do so as I could be wrong), just saying we could maybe do without a lot of that every time there's a clear divide of opinion.

Yeah maybe it wasn't the time for it but people shouldn't take it personally(we seem to hold grudges so easy it's scary, some have overreacted and we should move on quickly), he wants to show City in the best light on the biggest stage, the Club wants it too none of us are more important than the club or the manager if we are being down to earth about it.

Last edited:
Jesus reading this thread you would think alan ball was still in charge with Peter Swales as chairman. Get a fuckin grip. Reds reading this will be laughing their socks off.

Pep would just like full stadiums for games to support the team because funnily enough a full ground with pumped fans gives the team an edge.

You cannot expect him to know every single city fans work schedule travel commitments and financial state. However As a general statement there is nothing wrong with it.

I would say a better thing would have been to suggest that between the club and supporters, we all need to work out why the stadium isn't being filled on champions league nights and how we can find a way for more blues to see us play.

If the club want the ground sold out each midweek game they can do it. So it's not just about the supporters turning up or not.

This thing about the booing; we should do the Poznan when the anthem is played.

TEN THOUSAND UNSOLD TICKETS.

Anyway, we need to buy into the CL now and stop being small time about it.

I see the rags are so concerned about an empty stadium in the Europa league that they have sent begging letters to every school in the north west offering discounted tickets

So, is everyone booing or not? booo if we are

I am not, it is a bit boring, and tbh the owners and pep want us to get behind the team in the CL. i think they see the CL as crucial to our success.

I recon it's not impossible for us to get 15k more blues in the ground for a reduced price game in the Champs Lg, than we had v Stockport County at Maine Rd. Irrespective of how many genuinely can't afford it or can't go for other genuine reasons.

Hopefully Pep has woken up those who could make it, but didn't bother, & made tgem think about it, with both his comments & his football.

Sure there was only approx. 30k at the game but all things considered I think that was not a bad turn out.
The atmosphere came across very well on tv and was remarked upon by the commentary team. It really sounded good and I think there will be no problem getting 45k + for the rest of the CL games, especially if the team are doing their bit on the field.

Regarding the booing! I think it is a very valid way of protesting but should be followed by a very vociferous round of support for the team and Pep.
Some have suggested the booing has had it's day. Maybe the answer is to be there for the anthem and very loudly drown it out with something pro-City instead.

The bit that sadly, I do think reflects very badly on the fans is the emptying of the stadium 10-15 minutes before the end. No matter what way you dress it up, it looks bad.
Everyone has there own reasons for leaving and it is their perogative to do so, but it looks terrible.

I can't preach to those going week in week out and especially midweek. I get there possibly three times a year and have to spend enough on me and my son for flights and accomodation.
There is no way we're leaving before the game is over. We want to soak up as much of it as we can get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.