Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Completely agree mate. I said very early on in the thread he was wrong to come out with it and if its the club pushing the narrative, they are completely wrong as well.

And if it is the club pushing it I wonder if anyone there has the slightest inkling of why we might not be selling out champions league nights.

I don't suppose its a surprise that some of our fans think City fans are special and unique. All clubs fans think that and City fans thinking we are special is part of our problem, to quote from an earlier post.

There is nothing unique to any of that and someone can correct me if I am wrong but 30 years ago I watched a Bolton v Newcastle cup game where the Bolton fans were chanting we're Barmy etc. Read this thread and others and City fans want to be part of a big club and proud of our fans, maybe we should just accept that whilst we have arrived so far as the club and players are concerned the fan base has a long way to go.

I'm not sure if you're serious but yes, I happen to think that we're a pretty special bunch. I'm surprised that anyone on here would think differently..

Unless..

Do we even know what the problem is for attendance of CL games? Is it that people are reserving seats and not taking them leaving the club no time to sell them? Is it that the club aren't doing a good job advertising the availability of tickets to those fans on waiting list and those in the Manchester area who can't usually afford to go much?

I think it depends on the fixture, look at PSG and Madrid last year that sold out. Sad to say but the fans are just not interested in shelling out cash for the likes of BMG etc

Why are the timing of the remarks wrong when there would have been 10,000 empty seats on Tuesday night?

This is exactly it. The same has happened at United too. I know loads that have stopped going or cut back on matches. They just have more fans to take their place to mask the problem.

Agree with this which is why the attendance issue might even take a generation. It might take the club and fans to do more but denying that the problem exists will not help (not aimed at you at all). The stuff about leaving stupidly early and the booing - well it is all personal choice - so people can decide not to.

Why are the timing of the remarks wrong when there would have been 10,000 empty seats on Tuesday night?
I think people who would have gone on Tuesday but couldn't last night have taken it to heart too much.

I think people who would have gone on Tuesday but couldn't last night have taken it to heart too much.

Mate, after an 8 hour round trip on Tuesday for nothing, I think some of us can be forgiven for taking the comments to heart.

(having said that I had a lovely Chicken Madras in Timperley on the way back, so every cloud - pun intended)..

Because he didn't say it on Tuesday night, he said it last night when there were exceptional circumstances. I'd rather he said it after the 1-0 bore fest against Bucharest and not taken the focus off what was the best 90 minutes of football I've seen us produce.
It's done now and hopefully it'll have an affect. You can be sure though that everyone's eyes will be even more focused on our attendances than what they already were.

I'm going to attempt inject some positivity into this thread and say... Blues lets not get too down about this, things aren't quite where they could be some day but it's bloody great time to be Blue isn't it and what a game last night hey? :)

We should be more like this today:
oscarsapplause.gif~c200

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.