Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Not everyone has a car and some don't like driving in congestion full stop, personally I think there should be a way to get from the train-stations(victoria and piccadilly) to the ground(and back maybe) just to the Etihad for match days, shuttle back and forth maybe free as long as you have a ticket(unless it would cost a bomb) nice and simple no fannying about with packed out trams with loads of stops that you might not even get on sometimes.

Last year was our highest average attendance ever. For everyone who has stopped going, plenty more have started going.

We're quite capable of getting 53k for home games. Just as we would have been for a derby even at our lowest ebb in the 90s.

You could get tickets for £20 odd last night, fans being priced out wasn't the problem. A lack of interest was. Barca will be £50 a ticket and will sell out. That's the difference.

I just don't think our fan base really give a toss about Bayer Monchengladbach. No offence to them, they're a fine club, I just don't think our match going fans are that interested in going to see the game.

A big game like Barca, or if we get to the later rounds, other big teams, people will turn up. But in the early rounds against lesser known teams I just don't think people are that arsed. It wasn't a price issue last night.

pricing was great last night i agree. the problem i think is fans get used to not going and just because one games cheap, it doesnt mean they are going to start going again. apathy for games like that probably does exist. the biggest difference i noticed last night was that there were barely any tourists compared to previous champions league games. season ticket holders swell have gotten used to going to games a lot can't be bothered.

Bollocks if you live South Manchester

Getting there is great as I can get a tram straight from Altrincham to the ground. Coming back I always get the bus into town and then a tram or train back as the trams you wait too long for and they are rammed solid from the ground. Night games are awful for me as the last bus home from Altrincham is 22:20 and impossible to make unless I leave really early. This adds at least £6 onto the cost for a taxi home, if I can get one without waiting a long time. The combined bus/tram ticket is £6.75 so it doubles the cost.

Last night lad in front of me (not a regular, goes when he gets a ticket passed down to him). Booed to blow his socks off, after that not a peep out of him. says it all to me.

what a load of shit its a doddle if you go by car and a doddle if you take the tram

It's generally easier than getting to Old Trafford or Anfield by public transport.

It's walkable from Piccadilly but if the club/council could put on a fleet of matchday buses from Victoria and Piccadilly for an hour and a half before kick off it'd be easier..

Bollocks if you live South Manchester

depends where your coming from. usually it takes about 25 minutes for me, 30-40 if lots of traffic, the majority of which is in chealde. straight down kingsway, through longsight, park at ashburys train station and walk up. the tram or train isn't too bad swell

Getting there is great as I can get a tram straight from Altrincham to the ground. Coming back I always get the bus into town and then a tram or train back as the trams you wait too long for and they are rammed solid from the ground. Night games are awful for me as the last bus home from Altrincham is 22:20 and impossible to make unless I leave really early. This adds at least £6 onto the cost for a taxi home, if I can get one without waiting a long time. The combined bus/tram ticket is £6.75 so it doubles the cost.

Taking tram this week as pissed off with the drive

Going family of 4 and going to get bus to town and then tram back

Hope it's better than last time

depends where your coming from. usually it takes about 25 minutes for me, 30-40 if lots of traffic, the majority of which is in chealde. straight down kingsway, through longsight, park at ashburys train station and walk up. the tram or train isn't too bad swell

Stretford

Over bridgewater way then on Manc Way

It's murder night games with rush hour

It's a bit more than that. Not read all the thread but has anyone mentioned the difficulty in getting to evening matches. Our journey on Sat or Sun normally takes us 45mins. For an evening K O it is 2 hours and sometimes more. A lot of wasted fuel and a lot of frustration. Football last night was magic, but because of travel difficulties we are seriously thinking of giving evening games up next season. Would a later KO make it better or worse for attendance? Or do UEFA dictate the KO time anyway?
The best atmosphere I've experienced for any Euro game at the Etihad was the Hamburg game, that game was all about the price and nothing about getting to and from the stadium?

Germany have it right, if they charged English prices in their stadiums they wouldn't be as full as what they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.