Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Guardiola wants us to stop as he wants a positive atmosphere. By his own admission, he doesn't understand the issues surrounding us booing.

If the ground was packed, we booed the anthem and then roared the team on for 90 minutes, that would be a positive atmosphere, so Guardiola would have no room for complaints.

If you don't give a toss about UEFA and the way they've treated the club, you crack on waving your flag and cheering whatever you want. But if other people take a moral stance and want to boo to voice their displeasure, it's really none of your business.
Has the club ever officially requested we stop booing the anthem? If not, why not?

Guardiola wants us to stop as he wants a positive atmosphere. By his own admission, he doesn't understand the issues surrounding us booing.

If the ground was packed, we booed the anthem and then roared the team on for 90 minutes, that would be a positive atmosphere, so Guardiola would have no room for complaints.

If you don't give a toss about UEFA and the way they've treated the club, you crack on waving your flag and cheering whatever you want. But if other people take a moral stance and want to boo to voice their displeasure, it's really none of your business.

It is my business if it is against the wishes of my club, which I believe it is & you have absolutely no right to tell me otherwise.

I can't stop you from booing but I can fucking well comment on it & I'm fucking well going to.

You are closer to UEFA than you realise.

Has the club ever officially requested we stop booing the anthem? If not, why not?
I did raise that point earlier. In fact it was encouraged up until this season. The fact that so many ex blues have suddenly decided to come out and offer their opinions (all to stop it seems) tells me that something has happened behind the scenes.
That's why I'd rather the club actively come out and engage with the fans on the subject instead of having it fed to us by the likes of Franny Lee and Paul Lake.

Yeah lerts pay 800 quid for a season ticket, another 50 quid for a Champs League game, then fucking boo for 30 secs.

That will fix it.

beats hunger strking or self immolation any day of the week.

Jesus Christ.

It's like Citizen Smith on here.

You have my permission to fart you drone.

It is my business if it is against the wishes of my club, which I believe it is & you have absolutely no right to tell me otherwise.

I can't stop you from booing but I can fucking well comment on it & I'm fucking well going to.

You are closer to UEFA than you realise.

That's absolutely right, you can not stop me booing, and you shall not.

The club hasn't requested we stop booing as far as I'm aware? Guardiola has said he doesn't understand the booing and wishes there was a positive atmosphere.

But even if the club requests we stop booing, so what? It's part of a democracy that you are allowed to voice discontent, as long as it is not inciting prejudice or race hate.

Booing the UEFA anthem doesn't fit in to that category so fans are perfectly entitled to boo, and no, it isn't any of your business.

You can have a moan and voice your discontent, that is your right. But if people want to continue to boo there's absolutely nothing your moaning is going to do to stop it.

I did raise that point earlier. In fact it was encouraged up until this season. The fact that so many ex blues have suddenly decided to come out and offer their opinions (all to stop it seems) tells me that something has happened behind the scenes.
That's why I'd rather the club actively come out and engage with the fans on the subject instead of having it fed to us by the likes of Franny Lee and Paul Lake.

It's pretty obvious from the evidence you suggest imo.

When I've been booing UEFA I figured it was with the support of the club. It now appears that has changed & they have decided it's time to knock it on the head.

I can remember when a small handful of posters were pointing out Pellegrini's obvious flaws. Point being just because you're in a small minority on here doesn't mean you're in the wrong. One things for sure, we won't be going quietly ;)

It's difficult to stand up for what you believe in in the face of the majority particularly if it seen as anti-city to have an opinion that differs from the club and I am right there with both of you on that point.

It's just that I'm taking a pragmatic approach on this one. There are more effective ways to protest now. I loved that City fans and PSG fans joined the legal fight against UEFA's FFP for example.

Are Franny Lee and Paul Lake close to the hierarchy at the club or are they voicing their own opinions? If the club want to stop this they only have to voice that opinion on the official website.

That's absolutely right, you can not stop me booing, and you shall not.

The club hasn't requested we stop booing as far as I'm aware? Guardiola has said he doesn't understand the booing and wishes there was a positive atmosphere.

But even if the club requests we stop booing, so what? It's part of a democracy that you are allowed to voice discontent, as long as it is not inciting prejudice or race hate.

Booing the UEFA anthem doesn't fit in to that category so fans are perfectly entitled to boo, and no, it isn't any of your business.

You can have a moan and voice your discontent, that is your right. But if people want to continue to boo there's absolutely nothing your moaning is going to do to stop it.

Oh so i am allowed to comment then, great.

Khaldoon hasn't requested we stop, no. Just the manager former chairman Paul Lake etc so far.

And you are allowed to continue of course. However impotent & misguided that may be.

Hopefully you will be drowned out by people shouting support for the team, but if not, perhaps UEFA will allow you to continue being heard rather than turning the mics down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.