Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
just don't see the need to spend the money on him??? we have vinny, nasty, micah, Garcia, rekik and even zaba or yaya could play cb???

Can think of question marks about all of those players at CB.

If we strengthen at the position it's because we need to. Not sure I want Pepe though :)

I don't think we should be so harsh on Pepe. I know he can be aggressive, but we've lacked that at times. This season some players looked like they lacked that iron will to win at all cost that champions need.

Think of the likes of Terry, Cole, etc shouting for every decision, or various rags down the years, title winning Arsenal players like Keown, they contested everything. Most of them were odious wankers on the pitch (and many off it!), but they won trophies. A lot. We need some of that. Pepe would take no shit and provide valuable CL and big game experience.

Jack Wills said:
I don't think we should be so harsh on Pepe. I know he can be aggressive, but we've lacked that at times. This season some players looked like they lacked that iron will to win at all cost that champions need.

Think of the likes of Terry, Cole, etc shouting for every decision, or various rags down the years, title winning Arsenal players like Keown, they contested everything. Most of them were odious wankers on the pitch (and many off it!), but they won trophies. A lot. We need some of that. Pepe would take no shit and provide valuable CL and big game experience.
Fair point indeed

Jack Wills said:

I agree, although I also admit I have not seen a lot of him lately. When I have watched him I think he has the kind of aggression we often lack, and if the aggression can be controlled then he can be an asset. The 2 biggest concerns for me would be the fee and the potential effect on Nastasic

I personally think we've got great defenders for the Prem but not convinced they are all quite good enough to win the Champs League so the extra experience would help.

BringBackSwales said:
Jack Wills said:

I agree, although I also admit I have not seen a lot of him lately. When I have watched him I think he has the kind of aggression we often lack, and if the aggression can be controlled then he can be an asset. The 2 biggest concerns for me would be the fee and the potential effect on Nastasic

But it clearly can't be controlled.

Stuuuuuu said:
BringBackSwales said:
Jack Wills said:

But it clearly can't be controlled.

based on...??? I guess the key issue here is does MP really want him or not - if not then fine, if yes then I assume MP thinks it can be controlled

If he puts RVP out of action for the whole season after a few games and ends up with a three game ban his fee would have been worth it. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.