Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
15m for a 30 year old CB?

I wouldn't be that arsed if I didn't think that we've got 2 better players in his position already.

We are past the stage in our development where we have to pay this sort of money for a player of that calibre. The sort of signing we'd make in the Hughes era.

Ducado said:
Jack Wills said:
I don't think we should be so harsh on Pepe. I know he can be aggressive, but we've lacked that at times. This season some players looked like they lacked that iron will to win at all cost that champions need.

Think of the likes of Terry, Cole, etc shouting for every decision, or various rags down the years, title winning Arsenal players like Keown, they contested everything. Most of them were odious wankers on the pitch (and many off it!), but they won trophies. A lot. We need some of that. Pepe would take no shit and provide valuable CL and big game experience.
Fair point indeed

Really? Wouldn't that make us as bad as them? Isn't that what we despise about the rags? I know i do.

mcfc2607 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
why not bring through a youth CB instead ?
maybe their not good enough yet.

I think Rekik is. Promote him and add Novaretti and Kolo and Lescott are replaced.

I agree that may leave us a with very little experience if Kompany goes out for a long time. I still would only want Pepe if he is the 3rd CB. We can't stunt Nasty's development. Pepe as 3rd choice and Rekik on loan to a Premier League club where he is guaranteed a lot of starts would be ok.

We need a good third choice if Lescott wants to go. Pepe would be a good option but not at £15million. I like Rekik but he is not ready for that role, he has loads of talent but is a 4th/5th option at most right now. He may be going to PSV on loan anyway.

FrancoisToure said:
mcfc2607 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
why not bring through a youth CB instead ?
maybe their not good enough yet.

I think Rekik is. Promote him and add Novaretti and Kolo and Lescott are replaced.

I agree that may leave us a with very little experience if Kompany goes out for a long time. I still would only want Pepe if he is the 3rd CB. We can't stunt Nasty's development. Pepe as 3rd choice and Rekik on loan to a Premier League club where he is guaranteed a lot of starts would be ok.
Rekik isn't good enough to start for any Premier League teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.