Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
It's true though - despite the stereotype, he only got 7 yellow cards in La Liga last season. When you consider that La Liga has 3x more yellow and red cards than the Premier League (that isn't an exaggeration, it really does) it's the equivalent of about 2-3 yellow cards over here. He only got 1 yellow card in the Champions League too and 0 red cards in nearly 60 games for club and country. Yes, he is a **** and loves to get involved in handbags but his disciplinary record improved last season. He'd be a good Lescott replacement IMO, but the numbers being reported are far too high. £12million to £15million would be ideal.

Fair comment, but it does make you wonder how much of that is because he plays for Madrid, you only have to look at Rooney's recent card history to see that these things don't always reveal the truth, plus, they're not known as the Spanish rags for nothing :-).

woolleyback blue said:
This interest in Pepe does make me wonder if there's more to these Calf problems of Kompany's than we realise. If Kompany was out for any long period we'd need an experienced back up.

Absolutely. Kolo gone, lescott going.. We need to bring in someone who can martial the defence like Kompany when Kompany isn't there.

Don't know why people see him as a Lescott replacement. If he joined he'd be starting. He's not far behind Kompany in terms of ability, he's just had an off season like Ramos, Casillas and Alonso, but they aren't bad players too are they?

adrianr said:
woolleyback blue said:
This interest in Pepe does make me wonder if there's more to these Calf problems of Kompany's than we realise. If Kompany was out for any long period we'd need an experienced back up.

Absolutely. Kolo gone, lescott going.. We need to bring in someone who can martial the defence like Kompany when Kompany isn't there.

I doubt we'd have refused a 30 mill offer for Komps if his calves were dodgy..

samharris said:
adrianr said:
woolleyback blue said:

Depends how dodgy really doesn't it? Odd season with an upheaval in the medical staff, for a lesser player you may think not to risk it incase it gets worse. The captain of the squad and one of the most important core members of the team? I'd hope we give him a bit more leeway after a few little injuries!

adrianr said:
samharris said:
adrianr said:

Depends how dodgy really doesn't it? Odd season with an upheaval in the medical staff, for a lesser player you may think not to risk it incase it gets worse. The captain of the squad and one of the most important core members of the team? I'd hope we give him a bit more leeway after a few little injuries!
Pepe has also has a history of injuries, cruciate op in 2011, so what he sows he reaps it seems.

Blue Haze said:
I always thought defensively he's one of the best around. Nastasic won't be happy.

I hope he'd be quite accepting and pragmatic about the situation.

He'd,in all probability,at 20,be third choice behind two of the best centre halves in the world while being at one of the best clubs.

Not a bad situation for a young kid,however talented,to be learning his trade.

FantasyIreland said:
Blue Haze said:
I always thought defensively he's one of the best around. Nastasic won't be happy.

I hope he'd be quite accepting and pragmatic about the situation.

He'd,in all probability,at 20,be third choice behind two of the best centre halves in the world while being at one of the best clubs.

Not a bad situation for a young kid,however talented,to be learning his trade.

Very much this. Matija has nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.