Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Blue Haze said:
I always thought defensively he's one of the best around. Nastasic won't be happy.

I hope he'd be quite accepting and pragmatic about the situation.

He'd,in all probability,at 20,be third choice behind two of the best centre halves in the world while being at one of the best clubs.

Not a bad situation for a young kid,however talented,to be learning his trade.

Which is exactly the position Nastasic should have, absolutely not be our No1 choice when trying to win the Premier League & Champions League.

FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:
So this interest is real(not Madrid.) fucking sigh.

Who would be a realistic alternative for you?

Someone younger, that'll be on cheaper wages and will accept being third choice behind Nastasic and Kompany, for example Steven Caulker or looking abroad Nicholas Nkoulou.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:

Someone younger, that'll be on cheaper wages and will accept being third choice behind Nastasic and Kompany, for example Steven Caulker or looking abroad Nicholas Nkoulou.

Like Nev above states,our defence needs an experienced and quality hand,Nasty should not be relied on so heavily.

In our team he should be a very close 3rd choice imo.A man like Pepe is ideal.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:

We need an experienced centre back to add a bit of grit into our backline. Especially so in Europe, where we were made to look naive and lightweight at times. Pepe, although not everybody's personal favourite fits the bill, even more so if Lescott joins Kolo in leaving this summer.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Going against the general concensus I think Pepe would be an excellent addition to the team..his experience would be invaluable in our CL campaign.

Ditto. I don't care if he'a thug, he'd be our thug and we need a bit of bite and bile in the team tbh! I remember a similar thread when we were about to sign Bellamy, and as it turned out, he became very popular with our fans because he put a shift in when too many around him couldn't be arsed. We could have used him and Pepe last season imo.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Going against the general concensus I think Pepe would be an excellent addition to the team..his experience would be invaluable in our CL campaign.

yes I think you are right - the only issue for me would be the fee being mooted BUT I think that is just bullshit from the real madrid loving media - big up the fee to something higher than it really is makes Madrid look better than they really are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.