Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP said:
jknight said:
MSP said:
Yep, I'd take him :)

If we took him who would you play him in place of - Nastasić ?

A player of his age and quality isn't going to sit on the bench as a 3rd choice CB.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's no spring chicken and he does come with baggage - I think Kompany and Nasti have got to be our first choice going forward and anyone else we buy is a back up. Can't see Pepe filling that role for us

If he would be as good as Nastasic or better than him, why not, nobody is entitled to his position if there's better player in the squad. There's enough games through the season for both of them to play.

Kompany is pretty injury prone and City need a top quality replacement. I don't think there's many better than Pepe and if he would reach his best form, then there's no one better than Pepe.

I don't give a shit about moralizing and what he's like and such crap. I don't intend to marry him.

If we're taking the risk of buying a player with his reputation and were buying him to be a potential first choice CB I would prefer us to go for someone younger. We've already bought 2 players at 27 and 28 but buying a player who's 30 and integrating him into the first team would for me be a waste of resources. I agree about the moralizing but i would factor that into our decision and the price.
At the moment it looks like he's not for sale anyway so let's look at other options

jknight said:
MSP said:
jknight said:
If we took him who would you play him in place of - Nastasić ?

A player of his age and quality isn't going to sit on the bench as a 3rd choice CB.

He's undoubtedly a good player but he's no spring chicken and he does come with baggage - I think Kompany and Nasti have got to be our first choice going forward and anyone else we buy is a back up. Can't see Pepe filling that role for us

If he would be as good as Nastasic or better than him, why not, nobody is entitled to his position if there's better player in the squad. There's enough games through the season for both of them to play.

Kompany is pretty injury prone and City need a top quality replacement. I don't think there's many better than Pepe and if he would reach his best form, then there's no one better than Pepe.

I don't give a shit about moralizing and what he's like and such crap. I don't intend to marry him.

If we're taking the risk of buying a player with his reputation and were buying him to be a potential first choice CB I would prefer us to go for someone younger. We've already bought 2 players at 27 and 28 but buying a player who's 30 and integrating him into the first team would for me be a waste of resources. I agree about the moralizing but i would factor that into our decision and the price.
At the moment it looks like he's not for sale anyway so let's look at other options

you seem to be missing a point in why we may be trying to get pepe..

he has a vast amount of champions league experience and can see this being a major factor in wanting to buy him and playing him along side kompany especially for the champions league games.

leewill31 said:
jknight said:
MSP said:

he has a vast amount of champions league experience and can see this being a major factor in wanting to buy him and playing him along side kompany especially for the champions league games.

I'm not saying he can't make a contribution to the team - he's a very good player and I'm sure his experience in the CL would be an asset. But you're ignoring the fact that he's 30 and he's probably got 2-3 seasons left at top level. There must be other centre backs which are younger with less baggage that have played in the CL - we should be buying to build for the future

jknight said:
leewill31 said:
jknight said:

I'm not saying he can't make a contribution to the team - he's a very good player and I'm sure his experience in the CL would be an asset. But you're ignoring the fact that he's 30 and he's probably got 2-3 seasons left at top level. There must be other centre backs which are younger with less baggage that have played in the CL - we should be buying to build for the future

priority is to get a proper hold of the league and champions league now not in 2 to 3 years and we all ready have young talent in nasty and if he is pro enough will know that he has time to learn and become first choice for city in a season or 2.

He is too much of a liability....he would/will directly cost us games with his behaviour....I cannt see why HRH and the powers at be would want someone like Pepe representing our club on any level....?????????? There has to be other defenders out there with his experience that could offer the same things without the huge risk that this guy brings to the clubs reputation?????

leewill31 said:
priority is to get a proper hold of the league and champions league now not in 2 to 3 years and we all ready have young talent in nasty and if he is pro enough will know that he has time to learn and become first choice for city in a season or 2.

I see his age as a problem you clearly are looking at the short term immediate benefits. I think we can buy experience but buy a younger player (perhaps mid twenties).

That guy Moratti on ESPN implied that he'd doubt that Pepe would love Pellegrini so much that he'd be willing to up sticks. I'd imagine if there was some truth to this he'd be less flipant about it.

I would have been very happy with his signing ...if he could behave himself ('cos I expect a lot from our players). But I'm sort of glad he's less likely to come now.

Flip Flap!

jknight said:
leewill31 said:

I see his age as a problem you clearly are looking at the short term immediate benefits. I think we can buy experience but buy a younger player (perhaps mid twenties).

dont get me wrong i agree in getting the younger players in but can see why pepe would be a target for us at this moment.

BringBackSwales said:
don't tell me who to fucking support you class A knob

You come across exactly like a United supporter.

By the way, when you tried to log in with a different account to insult me again, you accidentally used the same account as before. Makes you look like, well, a class A knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.