Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to consider is that Vinny has been struggling with this calf problem. If we lose him for half the season due to maybe him having to have an op or something an experienced CB would be needed to fill the gap esp now Kolo has gone.

ethan23 said:
Doesn't seem to be a thread but merge if so.

Anyway been linked with him quite heavily but people seemed to be disappointed. Quite frankly I think he's a superb defender and would be a great acquisition especially for our European campaign.

We need 4 quality centre backs so we don't get found out again when kompany or lescott get injured.

Kompany- pepe
Nastasic - lescott

Wouldn't mind which combination personally , all very good defenders

Richards??

woolleyback blue said:
One thing to consider is that Vinny has been struggling with this calf problem. If we lose him for half the season due to maybe him having to have an op or something an experienced CB would be needed to fill the gap esp now Kolo has gone.

True, but what happened to that Novaretti?

Claytop said:
woolleyback blue said:

We sacked Mancini

EddieR said:
ethan23 said:

Anyway been linked with him quite heavily but people seemed to be disappointed. Quite frankly I think he's a superb defender and would be a great acquisition especially for our European campaign.

We need 4 quality centre backs so we don't get found out again when kompany or lescott get injured.

Kompany- pepe
Nastasic - lescott

Richards??
What about him? He said four quality centre-backs.

Joehannes said:
EddieR said:
ethan23 said:

Kompany- pepe
Nastasic - lescott

Richards??
So why list lescott then. His quality days have passed, nastasic is getting there but not there yet and pepe is a serial killer

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Claytop said:
woolleyback blue said:

We sacked Mancini

i still thought novaretti would come and be a 4th choice CB.

I have admired Pepe for his playing ability at times, but he can be an absolute psychopath.
PL referees have red carded VK for "strong but fair" challenges, I fear they would have a field day with Pepe.
(It sometimes feels like there is a "fifth columnist" in our recruiting team, trying to recruit the "most hated" players in the world.)

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Joehannes said:
EddieR said:
Richards??
So why list lescott then. His quality days have passed, nastasic is getting there but not there yet and pepe is a serial killer

Note that he didn't say "top quality". Nastasic is "quality" or excellent, if you will. As is Pepe, granted he's incredibly dirty and unlikable. Kompany is excellent too, although of the three, Nastasic had the best season last year.

No idea why Lescott was included but I don't agree that you need four "quality centre-backs". Difficult with three. 2 and another 2 that are reliable.

Richards is far from quality or reliable in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.