Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain Speaking said:
I have admired Pepe for his playing ability at times, but he can be an absolute psychopath.
PL referees have red carded VK for "strong but fair" challenges, I fear they would have a field day with Pepe.
(It sometimes feels like there is a "fifth columnist" in our recruiting team, trying to recruit the "most hated" players in the world.)

We would get 50 replays from every angle on Match of the Day of any Pepe tackle even hinting of being dangerous. He would be a marked man not only by the refs, but also the media.

I honestly don't think we could take the risk.

I think Pepe's actions in a few high profile games have influenced a few opinions on here. Maybe mostly the comical rolling around face-holding face-off with Busquets (another player i'd have in a second). He would have to work on it, but why couldnt he?

Generally hes a great defender though, tough - yes, play acting - yes, good defender and great pace - yes, suited to the premier league - yes.

Yes he could be wound up, but take the rough with the smooth... He's a step up from Kolo and Lescott and may come cheap-ish as he wants to move.

Would be a good signing in my opinion

He got alot of bad press because he was the designated hatchet man for Jose when they played Barca - he pushed him into midfield and was told to basically be a ****

I am sure that someone will tell me if i am wrong but outside of the El Classico his discplinary record was not too bad

Hmm, I'm not sure about him. The £15M being touted about seems quite a bit for a 30 year old center back but he does have European experience and could be good for us.

simonmdm said:
Hmm, I'm not sure about him. The £15M being touted about seems quite a bit for a 30 year old center back but he does have European experience and could be good for us.

How you can want a man like this in our team is absolutely beyond me.
This guy is the devil reincarnated.
That he still plays football is testament to the existence of evil forces.
God save us. Lol

people are going over top here, pepe isnt some sort of murderer, id take him even though he can be a nutter at times, hes got experience and a lot better than lescott and prob better than nastasic at the moment, would be a great addition to the squad imo

jauganaut said:
simonmdm said:

How you can want a man like this in our team is absolutely beyond me.
This guy is the devil reincarnated.
That he still plays football is testament to the existence of evil forces.
God save us. Lol

Not keen then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.