Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluechampion7891 said:
richards30 said:
Am sure our owner sorting out their stadium would help for a cheaper deal?!?!? Isco and pepe for €30m would be a good deal!

isco wont go for less than €40m. remember madrid paid 30 themselves and a further 10 to his dad

Hahaha yeah i know mate, how about khedira and pepe for €20m?

Sky Sports reporting that contract talks have stalled with Real and he may be looking to leave this summer rather than wait out his one remaining year. Would you have him? What would it mean for Denayer, MDM, Vinny or Mangala?

Defence has been worrying most of us for more than just the Stuttgart friendly, but surely after our interest last summer we'd have been asked to be kept updated should the chance arise? Personally I'd take him in an instant, and hope MDM accepts a lesser role over the year (though if he were in our squad already then I;d have to say a Pepe & MDM partnership would probably be my first choice right now!).

If we are selling either Demichelis or Kompany then signing Pepe or Otamendi would make sense.

It's not a defender we should be looking at, we have a quality defence, it's the system we're are playing.

There's another thread about "who would you buy with £120.000.000?" I'd spend some of that on a defensive coach, one that could teach pelligrini about defending with the players we've already got. Other than that I'd buy two more keepers and have the three of them playing between the stick every game.

It doesn't matter who we buy, Pelligrini's system does not work in the prem!!! Anyone who says it does because we scraped a league title with worldly players are walking blindly into a disapointing season.

Buy a defensive coach that can help with defending tactics. The system may of worked in the Spain, but this is a completely different league.

It's not a defender we should be looking at, we have a quality defence, it's the system we're are playing.

There's another thread about "who would you buy with £120.000.000?" I'd spend some of that on a defensive coach, one that could teach pelligrini about defending with the players we've already got. Other than that I'd buy two more keepers and have the three of them playing between the stick every game.

It doesn't matter who we buy, Pelligrini's system does not work in the prem!!! Anyone who says it does because we scraped a league title with worldly players are walking blindly into a disapointing season.

Buy a defensive coach that can help with defending tactics. The system may of worked in the Spain, but this is a completely different league.

I agree the system he plays is killing us.

And what system might that be? Because as you obvioulsy know pre-season we played a more 4-3-3 style, while we ended the league last year in an 4-5-1 formation. Seems 4-4-2 has gone out of the door, although we did play our best football eve rin that formation, scoring goals for fun. But we wouldn't have that now would we. My opinion? It's not all about formation on paper, it's the way the players execute it. And there often lies the problem.

And what system might that be? Because as you obvioulsy know pre-season we played a more 4-3-3 style, while we ended the league last year in an 4-5-1 formation. Seems 4-4-2 has gone out of the door, although we did play our best football eve rin that formation, scoring goals for fun. But we wouldn't have that now would we. My opinion? It's not all about formation on paper, it's the way the players execute it. And there often lies the problem.

I agree with you it's about the players playing the system required and their application. Plus the high defensive line is whats undoing us imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.