Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a good source (Di Marzio) says we're back in for him.

He isn't young but is a genuine world class defender who would be great for our wank defending in Europe. I'd love it if we got him. I guess it would mean Demichelis is leaving next summer though.

It's in this thread somewhere, but my thoughts were and are that he is mean, rough and tough. It's a yes from me.

If he cuts out all the bullshit he's a top class cb! Might get a cheap deal as the owners company are paying for real's stadium refurb!

how long does he have left on his contract? I think he is 30/31 so should cost between 10-15 million, if it was any other club i dont think he'd cost more than 10

We would be spending too much money on what would be a short term fix (if indeed he is good enough for us). I'm sure the owners are aware of this and looking at longer term solutions, even if it means it takes a while for youngsters to bed in properly.

mosssideblue said:
We would be spending too much money on what would be a short term fix (if indeed he is good enough for us). I'm sure the owners are aware of this and looking at longer term solutions, even if it means it takes a while for youngsters to bed in properly.

i wont call it a short term fix - I'd call it an experienced back up option. Ideally your third center back should be able to slot in seamlessly alongside either of your first choice center backs and also guide your 4th choice CB (presumably a youngster/inexperienced player). Demicheles is the perfect example although he ended up in the first team b/c the rest werent that good. Pepe on a 2-3 year deal at less than 10M transfer fee would be great, I'd even be willing for us to pay upto 15 as long as the rest of the areas of the squad are strengthened first (CM, LB, LW)

In any case, I wouldnt want Kompany and Mangala to be followed by 2 from Rekik, Boyata and Denayor.

Surely Godin and Hummels would be available at 25M? The rumours are a load of rubbish if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.