Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how quick refs are to yellow card us, for the softest of fouls id fear he be a marked man from his 1st game and miss a lot of games due to suspensions

bluechampion7891 said:
mosssideblue said:
We would be spending too much money on what would be a short term fix (if indeed he is good enough for us). I'm sure the owners are aware of this and looking at longer term solutions, even if it means it takes a while for youngsters to bed in properly.

i wont call it a short term fix - I'd call it an experienced back up option. Ideally your third center back should be able to slot in seamlessly alongside either of your first choice center backs and also guide your 4th choice CB (presumably a youngster/inexperienced player). Demicheles is the perfect example although he ended up in the first team b/c the rest werent that good. Pepe on a 2-3 year deal at less than 10M transfer fee would be great, I'd even be willing for us to pay upto 15 as long as the rest of the areas of the squad are strengthened first (CM, LB, LW)

In any case, I wouldnt want Kompany and Mangala to be followed by 2 from Rekik, Boyata and Denayor.

Pepe is better than Demichelis.

Kompany, Pepe, Mangala & possibly Denayer if he's ready, if not another year on loan for him & another year at City for Demi.

Absolutely excellent squad of central defenders.

Neville Kneville said:
bluechampion7891 said:
mosssideblue said:
We would be spending too much money on what would be a short term fix (if indeed he is good enough for us). I'm sure the owners are aware of this and looking at longer term solutions, even if it means it takes a while for youngsters to bed in properly.

i wont call it a short term fix - I'd call it an experienced back up option. Ideally your third center back should be able to slot in seamlessly alongside either of your first choice center backs and also guide your 4th choice CB (presumably a youngster/inexperienced player). Demicheles is the perfect example although he ended up in the first team b/c the rest werent that good. Pepe on a 2-3 year deal at less than 10M transfer fee would be great, I'd even be willing for us to pay upto 15 as long as the rest of the areas of the squad are strengthened first (CM, LB, LW)

In any case, I wouldnt want Kompany and Mangala to be followed by 2 from Rekik, Boyata and Denayor.

Pepe is better than Demichelis.

Kompany, Pepe, Mangala & possibly Denayer if he's ready, if not another year on loan for him & another year at City for Demi.

Absolutely excellent squad of central defenders.

exactly my point - although if Sagna stays for another season (and presumably we are only looking at Pepe b/c Demicheles is leaving) we can do with Boyata too and let Denayor develop on loan - giving us Kompany, Mangala, Pepe, Boyata/Sagna. With hopefully Denayor coming in by 2016 to replace Boyata as 4th choice, we'd have Center back sorted for the long term

Not for me. Cant deny his talent but some of you guys would have a squad of 56 players if you had the chance plus playing the kids at every opportunity! Its like some of our fans think its a "Football Manager" game. We should appreciate what we have instead of looking at what everyone else has got! That includes Yaya. Even if he is a lazy cake loving mother fucker!!

PSam1 said:
Not for me. Cant deny his talent but some of you guys would have a squad of 56 players if you had the chance plus playing the kids at every opportunity! Its like some of our fans think its a "Football Manager" game. We should appreciate what we have instead of looking at what everyone else has got! That includes Yaya. Even if he is a lazy cake loving mother fucker!!

read the context....Demicheles will probably leave and we need an experienced back up

It's clear to me that Pellegrini wants an experience 3rd CB after Demichelis leaves. Pepe would be great if he's not too expensive. It would let Mangala know he's not a shoe in starter much like the way Willy was brought in to push Hart and will push him to be better. I don't think we can count on having Boyata and Rekik be back ups.

If Demi leaves they're certainly worse options, but it would all depend on his price.

Am sure our owner sorting out their stadium would help for a cheaper deal?!?!? Isco and pepe for €30m would be a good deal!

richards30 said:
Am sure our owner sorting out their stadium would help for a cheaper deal?!?!? Isco and pepe for €30m would be a good deal!

isco wont go for less than €40m. remember madrid paid 30 themselves and a further 10 to his dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.