Pep's contract situation

like i said many times in the kane thread.. pep is leaving when the deal runs out and this is why the panic signings of kane and grealish. its like we are trying to buy the champions league for pep and see him off with crown champions of europe..

this season has now took a big turn with kane not coming and we are looking to ronaldo to dig us out of a hole
(striker less) forget saying jessu sterling torres KDB foden can play there ?? am not buying it ?
i also said that KDB is not happy with the missing striker and looked to have a one on one with khaldoon
and he promised KDB we will back and win the champions league

what are manchester city plans for life after pep ? does the club rip up the old project of the Spanish mafia and go down a new route ? the so called DNA of the club needs to change if we want to keep at the top of the tree.
we have seen in the last 2 seasons that clubs are catching up and working out pep and the setup

we can keep the club tick over nicely in being a top 4 club... but life after pep will be hard because of the winning mentality and picking up silverware like its fallen leaves
Not that it’s just that Grealish is David Silva’s replacement and Kane would have been (or whichever striker we do sign) will be Agüero’s replacement? And that there’s no value in the transfer market anymore for players to replace that sort of quality so we either take a big step back by signing cheaper but lesser players, or don’t sign anyone, or go out and sign some proper decent players for a lot of money?

I agree with your last point. I think we may need to change our mentality as a fanbase when Pep leaves, because - while he gets stick for us exiting the Champions League in the manner we have - he makes our team much better than the individual parts would suggest it would be and without him we will be a lesser side if we don’t get a manager who would also get as much from them as Pep does.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to The Athletic he said he'd take a break after the end of his City contract, which ends in 2023...unless he stays longer.

So, very different to what's been reported.
how do you mean? sure he could sign an extension, but his quotes included

"After seven years on this team, I think I’m going to have a stop. I’m going to have to take a break, see what we’ve done. And in the process, I would like to train a South American [team], European [national side], playing a Copa América – I want to have that experience."

how do you mean? sure he could sign an extension, but his quotes included

"After seven years on this team, I think I’m going to have a stop. I’m going to have to take a break, see what we’ve done. And in the process, I would like to train a South American [team], European [national side], playing a Copa América – I want to have that experience."
England manager? With Stones Grealish Foden Sterling and Palmer!

Strange way to announce it. Maybe some of the words have been lost in translation. If true it is a big story and you would have thought it would be a little more tightly controlled by the club and announced in the UK rather than Brazil?
Could be wishful thinking from the media, needs clarification from Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.