Pep's contract situation

Just thinking tonight…. I don’t think he will stay.

This summer Gundogans contract is up and Bernardo is likely to leave. Probably his 2 favourite people. KDB is probably going to start declining slowly next season due to age and body type.

So if we want to admit it or not, we are gonna need a midfield overhaul and these aren’t the type of players you can replace easily.

A lot of the attention is now placed on Haaland and not the team ethic it has been for the last years with us having no ‘star’ above the others. Not for a second saying he doesn’t love Erling but I think Pep gets his coaching kicks in other ways.

He’s done his work with Foden and I’m not sure he gets much satisfaction working with a 27 year old Grealish who he probably can’t improve.

So the question is, has he got the energy to go again for 3 years or so and does he have the motivation to build a new midfield. I don’t think he does. He’s been here ages, built 2/3 amazing teams so he probably wants to enjoy life for a bit.

70/30 he goes is my feeling tonight.

This summer Gundogans contract is up and Bernardo is likely to leave. Probably his 2 favourite people. KDB is probably going to start declining slowly next season due to age and body type.

So if we want to admit it or not, we are gonna need a midfield overhaul and these aren’t the type of players you can replace easily.

A lot of the attention is now placed on Haaland and not the team ethic it has been for the last years with us having no ‘star’ above the others. Not for a second saying he doesn’t love Erling but I think Pep gets his coaching kicks in other ways.

He’s done his work with Foden and I’m not sure he gets much satisfaction working with a 27 year old Grealish who he probably can’t improve.

So the question is, has he got the energy to go again for 3 years or so and does he have the motivation to build a new midfield. I don’t think he does. He’s been here ages, built 2/3 amazing teams so he probably wants to enjoy life for a bit.

Wow. Glass half empty sunshine.

Course he's going to sign. You honestly think the worlds best footballer was signing for a manager for 12 months. Not a cat in hells chance. Read it and weep when he signs for another 3 years. But at least you can top your glass up.

That’s an absolute shocking take. He will sigh another 3 year deal minimum. Haaland will have requested assurance before signing.

Wow. Glass half empty sunshine.

Course he's going to sign. You honestly think the worlds best footballer was signing for a manager for 12 months. Not a cat in hells chance. Read it and weep when he signs for another 3 years. But at least you can top your glass up.

Read it and weep when he signs for 3 years?…. I’d want nothing more
That’s an absolute shocking take. He will sigh another 3 year deal minimum. Haaland will have requested assurance before signing.

Thats an absolute shocking take? I put multiple sporting reasons why he might consider leaving. Don’t think that’s fair.

Players come. Players go. The game is changing season by season. It happens to all. Your take on this is like saying the game died when Colin Bell was forced into retirement. It didn't and we are still here and will always be here. Cheer up.

I think gundo will sign for at least 1 more year, maybe 2.

Where is he going to go ?
National team, the part time aspect & not having much time to work with players would do his head in.
MLS, not sure the poor standard of football would be of any interest to Pep.
Italy, cant see him being interested.
Not sure where else, Barcelona again, nah, just cant see it.
Fcuk it, he is obviously off to the rags

Where is he going to go ?
National team, the part time aspect & not having much time to work with players would do his head in.
MLS, not sure the poor standard of football would be of any interest to Pep.
Italy, cant see him being interested.
Not sure where else, Barcelona again, nah, just cant see it.
Fcuk it, he is obviously off to the rags

This is the bit what I was thinking, where would he go?

He won’t go to another PL club.

I do think he would be tempted by Serie A. It’s the only ‘top‘ league hes not done. He’s from that generation where that was the top league so he might have an urge to try there. We had those strong rumours a few years ago that he might go to Juve. He could easily take Juve back to the top of Italian football in a short period of time.

But, I don’t think he’d do that now.

I think when he leaves us he has 2 years off. Takes over an Italian club for 2/3 years then maybe a bash at international football and then calling it a day around 60.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.